If you are a website owner or a blogger, you might be looking for a reliable and cheap hosting provider. Finding a trusted hosting company that provides good plans, excellent uptime and that ensures complete value for money is important.
GoDaddy is a leading domain registration and web hosting company that offers a variety of web hosting plans, with a wide range of features and addons at a relatively cheaper price. Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel is a one-such low-cost shared hosting package that is best suitable for small business websites that receive moderate to a high amount of monthly traffic. The plan has some great features and offers flexibility, with a free domain name.
Initially, you will have an impression of a highly reliable web hosting plan that you can buy at an affordable price. But there are certain crucial factors that you should be aware of while signing up for this hosting service.
I am a web developer and I have a lot of experience in managing my client websites with GoDaddy’s Deluxe Linux hosting plan and I know how this plan works. I have a lot of crucial information to share about this plan that will help people to know everything that they need to know about this plan before investing money in it. I have written this article to provide a complete review of the features, pros, and cons of Godaddy deluxe hosting plan.
Features of GoDaddy Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel
Let’s get started with understanding the key features of GoDaddy Deluxe web hosting plan:
- Hosting Configuration: The Deluxe hosting plan provides decent hosting configurations – 1 shared CPU, 512 MB RAM, 100 Entry Processors, and 250,000 inodes files limit. These configurations are sufficient for medium and large size websites.
- Control Panel: The Deluxe web hosting plan is equipped with an industry-leading control panel – cPanel. It is a Linux-based graphical user interface (GUI) that is used as a control panel to streamline server and website management. cPanel includes a robust suite of features and capabilities that help manage your hosting and website effectively.
- Unlimited Websites: One of the key benefits of using the Deluxe Linux Hosting plan is regardless of the size of your business; you can host an unlimited number of websites through a single subscription plan.
- Unmetered Bandwidth: For any kind of website, it is important to deliver an uninterrupted web experience to the users. Keeping this in mind, GoDaddy offers unmetered bandwidth that ensures your website is up and running always, providing constant access to the site.
- Free Domain Name: When you buy the Deluxe hosting plan with annual subscription, you will get a free domain name (for the first year). Thus, you have the flexibility to choose any desired domain name that helps build a professional brand image.
- High Uptime: Being a trusted web hosting provider, GoDaddy ensures up to 99% uptime, which is the key aspect of any hosting. At the same time, you can host a website on a fast network, ensuring an improved web experience for your users.
- Unlimited Storage: For improved website performance, you will need unlimited storage for all your website data and files. As for the database storage, you get 25×1 GB of storage space for MySQL databases.
- Free 1-Click WordPress Install: Another interesting feature of the hosting plan is 1-click installation for 125+ different website software suits, like WordPress, Drupal, etc.
- Free Professional Email: With the plan, you can also get a free business email account (for the first year). This helps give your business a more professional look.
- 24/7 Security: All plans by GoDaddy, including the Deluxe Linux Hosting plan provide round-the-clock security monitoring and DDoS protection. This ensures your website is safe from cybercrimes.
- Fast & Easy Setup: The plan also provides 1-click setup for all GoDaddy registered domains. This helps save time and effort in setting up your hosting account and you can get your website live in no time.
- Domains & Subdomains: Another key feature is you can point or use unlimited external domains registered elsewhere with your hosting plans. Similarly, you have unlimited subdomains, which may be built from the primary domain or aliases. Furthermore, you can point the subdomains to any subdirectory in your hosting account.
- Resources On-Demand: If you need more power and resources for your website, they give you the resource on-demand feature. Through this feature, you can increase the CPU/RAM, I/O, and storage space seamlessly. This is a charged feature and you will have to pay according to the volume to which you scale the resources.
Pros of Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel
So, how good is the Deluxe Linux Hosting plan by GoDaddy? Discussed here are the advantages of the web hosting plan:
- Unlimited Websites: Do you have a new website or business and you need to host multiple portals? Are you looking for an affordable yet reliable hosting solution? Then you might consider GoDaddy’s Deluxe Linux Web Hosting plan. It is cheap, feature-rich, and most importantly, enables you to host multiple websites under a single subscription plan.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: Another benefit of the plan is that it comes with unmetered bandwidth that helps ensure uninterrupted website access and functioning.
- Unlimited Storage Space: GoDaddy Deluxe Linux Hosting plan provides unlimited cloud storage for websites of all sizes and complexities. Additionally, you would get 25 x 1 GB storage space for MySQL databases that are sufficient for small business websites.
- Free Domain: Being a reputed domain registration provider, GoDaddy offers a free domain name with the plan only during the registration. That means you can host your website or blog as well as get a domain name for free (for the first year) by signing up for the Deluxe Linux Hosting plan.
- Free Microsoft Office 365 Email: You can give your business a more professional look with Microsoft Office 365 email, which is available free for the first year. After that, you will be charged $23.88/year to use the service.
- Control Panel: The Deluxe Linux Shared Hosting plan is powered by cPanel that allows you to seamlessly customize your entire website account. Using its rich features and other capabilities, you can efficiently manage your website account, emails, applications, and files hosted on the server.
- Faster Speed: The Deluxe Linux hosting plan is a preferable one as it provides faster speed as compared to the economy plan. People are usually allured to opt for the economy plan, but if your website receives more traffic and you need better speed, then the Deluxe plan is the right choice for you.
Cons of Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel
Like any other hosting plan, there are several limitations of using the Deluxe Linux Hosting plan. Weighing the pros against the cons will help you determine whether it is the right plan for you or not!
- Slow Website Loading Time: Do you know the attention span of a website visitor is just 5 seconds? If your website does not load instantly, you will start losing your website traffic. Therefore, faster loading times matter for all websites. And this depends on the type of hosting provider you choose.GoDaddy promises an uptime guarantee of 99%, but unfortunately, the loading speed is remarkably slower with the Deluxe Hosting plan. On both the front-end and the back-end. I had my fair share of experiencing the slow speed while working on my projects with this hosting plan. That included from small sites like blog, to eCommerce sites.Adding to that, you can see that in Trustpilot, there have been frequent complaints regarding their extremely poor server performances. And trust me, this speed issue can significantly impact the reputation and credibility of your website.
- Poor CPU & RAM Performance: The plan supports only 1 CPU and up to 512 MB RAM. This is the measure of capability available to you even when you are trying to host multiple websites. The result: CPU functioning and RAM limits get exhausted quickly whenever there are two websites running from the same server. The CPU and RAM get saturated and this affects the overall performance of the websites.
More importantly, your hosting capabilities get limited to only two or three websites and your hosting account is clearly not “unlimited” as they promise.
- High Renewal Cost: Initially, the cost of getting the Deluxe Linux hosting plan would seem cheaper at only $7.99/month. However, you can get this price only when you sign up for an annual subscription. Additionally, the renewal costs are extremely high, and continuing using the service at this rate can burn a hole in your pocket.
- 3x Times More Expensive That It Seems: Once you renew the subscription, all features and addons would become more expensive than they are in the first year. So, you can expect to pay a big amount (including high renewal costs) when you consider using the plan for the long term.
- SSL Certificate Is Not Free: Many basic and premium plans by reputable hosting providers come with a free SSL certificate, providing instant and full-round security to your website and its data. However, the Deluxe Linux Hosting plan by GoDaddy provides an SSL certificate as a paid feature. This might turn you off because this is an important security feature and the other hosting providers do not charge for it.
- Unsatisfactory Customer Support: From my personal experience, I can say that GoDaddy provides friendly support for customer queries and technical issues. However, the limitation is they do not have a ticket system that you case from within the dashboard. Additionally, escalation of technical problems or queries may take significant time and till that time, your issue will be unresolved. Their customer support team does not have complete access to your hosting server files in case a technical problem arises. Overall the support provided is average.
- Poor Value For Money: Another disadvantage is you do not get a high-quality web hosting service for the price you pay. When you pay a higher price for a hosting plan, you would expect improved services. But the experience with GoDaddy is not as impressive as you would expect – website loads slower; the CPU and RAM would get exhausted right after you host 2-3 websites; you need to pay for an SSL certificate.
- Paid Backup Feature: Website backup is a crucial feature that safeguards the website data. This feature is provided for free by the other prominent web hosting companies but with GoDaddy, this is a charged feature. If you need website backup, you need to pay $2.99/Month that increases the overall hosting cost.
- Paid Email Feature: GoDaddy offers Office 365 Email for free for the first year. You will have to pay for the next renewal of this feature. To continue with your professional email, you need to pay $5.99 per user per month. This is an essential feature that looks like it is available for free but it is not.
Deluxe Web Hosting Linux Plan Pricing
GoDaddy Deluxe Linux Hosting plan is currently priced at $7.99/month. The web hosting provider claims that the plan is on sale and that you can save up to 33% on its original price. However, there is a catch here. You can get the plan at this price only when you subscribe for their annual package; for the monthly subscription, you will need to pay the original price.
Additionally, they have a high renewal cost – $11.99/month. This is significantly higher, particularly for a basic plan that you want to renew. Furthermore, other features and addon services would cost significantly higher after renewal. So overall, the Deluxe Linux Hosting plan with cPanel package isn’t much affordable as you would initially think. In fact, there are other web hosting plans that offer similar features and benefits at a much lower price.
To give you a clear insight into this plan, I can say that this plan with all its addons costs more than the VPS hosting or cloud plans. Say if you opt for the Deluxe Linux hosting plan for a period of 24 months along with the addons like website backup, SSL certificate, and website security, then you will have to pay a whooping charge of $511.27 and this does not include the taxes so your actual billing amount is set to go higher.
Whereas if you opt for the basic VPS hosting plan with the necessary add-ons; you will have to pay $263.52 for a period of 24 months. It is safe to say that the Deluxe hosting plan is priced higher as compared to VPS or cloud hosting. Therefore, if you are thinking about investing in this plan, you have better options.
Who Can Use Godaddy Deluxe hosting plan?
Although I do not recommend going with any of Godaddy’s plans for the obvious reasons mentioned above, if despite that you are still interested to sign up for it, then you should know that the package is most suitable for small business websites and blogs that drive a medium number of monthly visitors or receive good organic traffic.
It is ideal for people that want to host multiple small and medium-sized websites and are in search of a hosting plan that provides unlimited data storage, unmetered bandwidth, and a free domain. Although, I would not recommend hosting multiple small websites with a growing eCommerce site as this can exhaust your CPU/RAM limit.
Bandwidth is an important factor that helps determine the amount of data your website can transfer within the period of subscription. The plan provides unlimited bandwidth and is great for websites that need to be live always, providing an improved web experience to users.
So, should you go for the GoDaddy Deluxe Linux Hosting plan with cPanel? As per my recommendations, it is a NO. Of course, it offers some nice features and benefits like unlimited websites, unmetered bandwidth, and free domain, but it isn’t the best choice available in the market. With time users are experiencing a high number of technical problems like poor server performances, slower loading times, and lack of dedicated website security to name a few. Most importantly, their customer support service is not impressive.
Additionally, their renewal fees are extremely expensive. Overall, your experience with this GoDaddy hosting package will not deliver the best value for the high price you pay. As a matter of fact, there are better hosting plans in terms of quality and price. For example, Bluehost. Their shared hosting plans provide a range of features similar (and even better) than the Deluxe package, but at an economical price.
Therefore, it is important to compare different web hosting plans based on a number of factors and their pricing to make an informed decision.
If you have any suggestions or if you wish to share your experience with using the GoDaddy Deluxe Linux hosting plan, you can post your comments below.