Wouldn’t it be great if you get over 1GBps network speed and unlimited bandwidth for your website to open at a lightning-fast speed! Think of endless possibilities that having unmetered bandwidth could unlock for your website or online storefront. The concept of “Unlimited traffic” is exhilarating! It means you can transfer any amount of data you want in a specific period of time, your web pages load at an ultra-fast speed regardless of high website traffic.
But is a cheap VPS with unlimited bandwidth a reality?
To be honest, there is no such concept as unlimited bandwidth. To this date, network servers or ethernet connections are not built to deliver unlimited data transfer and lightning-fast loading speed even in high traffic conditions. The speed at which data gets transferred to and from a server typically depends on the port size and network speed. This would vary from one web hosting provider to another.
So, if your website features high-quality content and experiences lots of limitation problems, a VPS hosting plan with unlimited bandwidth is the way to go. The fact is that you wouldn’t get unlimited resources even if you see them on your hosting plan. However, when you choose the top VPS web hosting, you will not have a restrictive bandwidth limit like other plans.
To ensure you have the best value and “near to unlimited” bandwidth, I have discussed here the 5 best & cheap unlimited bandwidth VPS service providers. Get a detailed comparison of the features, pros & cons, and pricing of the VPS hosting services. This will help you make a wise decision.
So, let’s get started!
1. Hostinger Cloud Hosting
Hostinger offers VPS hosting powered by the cloud platform. This means that you get the cloud computing capacity for your VPS web hosting. You can experience up to 4x faster website loading speed as they have a dedicated customer support team working in the backend. The unlimited VPS hosting plans offered by Hostinger provide sufficient room for growth for any business with its features and hosting configurations.
- Unlimited bandwidth, databases and hosting resources
- Free domain name
- Free migration and managed WordPress
- Multiple data center locations to choose from
- Up to 200 GB SSD storage
- 24/7 VPS support by experts
- A powerful control panel to manage your hosting
- No daily backup feature is provided
- Slow customer support
- Pricing not as cheap as it looks
- Ensure perfect website loading time through 100 Mb/s network.
- Full root access to get complete control of your server.
- VPS hosting comprises of dedicated IPv6 internet protocol. With the use of a dedicated IP, your work becomes faster.
- 30-day money back guarantee is offered.
- Simplistic web script and OS installer offered with every VPS.
- Unlimited sub-domains and email accounts are offered.
The Cloud Startup VPS plan is priced at $9.99/Month. You can opt for the Cloud Professional plan – $18.99/Month or the Cloud Global plan – $56.99/Month depending on the hosting resources you need. Below is an overview of the pricing plans.
Another leading name in the field of VPS hosting is Mochahost with 19 years in the business. They have a whole lot of VPS server plans to choose from and they also provide managed vps services. Unmetered bandwidth servers and enterprise-level SSD storage ensure your website runs superbly fast and uninterrupted regardless of the amount of traffic it gets.
- 99% uptime guarantee, ensuring your website is running smoothly with less downtime
- Supports unmetered monthly traffic
- Automatic backups available with premium linux hosting plans
- SSL supported with NEVER Reboot Protection
- SpamExperts feature available with all plans to ensure improved security
- Automatic backups not available with the basic plan
- A wide choice of Mochahost VPS web hosting plans with too many features can be confusing for beginners
- The basic plans support only light traffic. When your website starts getting higher traffic, it might not provide the same speed or performance. Scaling to a costlier plan is required
- Starting prices are low, but you need to pay for add-ons, which cause the overall cost to rise
- The “Server Response time (SRT)” can be slow compared to its competitors which can affect the “Time to First Byte (ttfb)”
Key features of Mochahost VPS hosting are:
- Guaranteed server memory RAM from 0.5 GB to 8 GB.
- Supports burstable RAM starting from 1 GB and up to 16 GB. This means you have additional server memory in case the guaranteed memory allotted is running low. The memory can only be used during spike loads and peak hours.
- The basic plan features 1 CPU Core and can support up to 4 CPU Core for premium plans.
- Disk space 40 GB to 300 GB SSD for premium Linux hosting plans.
- SSL supported but you will get unlimited free SSL for a lifetime when you sign up for costlier plans.
- Let’s Encrypt Support, VPN Support and Free CDN.
- Lightning-Fast Guarantee and Super Memory Cache available with premium plans.
These are some features and benefits that make Mochahost one of the best unlimited bandwidth VPS hosting providers today. An unmetered traffic server with high uptime is a good choice for beginners and high-traffic websites.
The basic plan starts from $7.98/month but when you sign up for a 3-year term, you need to pay only $11.17/month. The premium plan, with a host of features, will cost $69.97/month for a 36-month term. Below is an overview of their VPS pricing plans:
Vultr is another widely popular unlimited bandwidth VPS hosting provider, with over 17 datacenters. They offer managed and unmanaged cloud VPS server with high performance, ultra-fast loading time, reliability, and servers in 4 continents. Most importantly, they provide up to 1 Gbit network speed and generous bandwidth.
- Fast and efficient SSD storage
- Simple and hassle-free cloud VPS hosting account setup
- Fully-managed hosting that takes care of OS updates, security patches, maintenance and more
- Supports root level access
- Both Linux and Windows VPS hosting servers available
- 24/7 professional technical support
- Daily Automatic backups available with all plans
- Higher-end plans don’t have as many data centers globally as starter plans.
- No support is available for Windows VPS servers.
Discussed here are the important features that make Vultr one of the best VPS web hosting providers with unlimited traffic:
- 1 – 24 Intel vCores CPU, which power your website for superior performance and lightning-fast speed.
- High-performance memory starting from 512 MB RAM and up to 96 GB RAM for premium plans.
- Experience ultra-fast performance with enterprise-level SSD storage; the basic plan offers 10 GB SSD storage and can be upgraded to 1600 GB with costlier plans.
- 99% uptime guarantee, ensuring your website applications and data are available always.
- Secure Cloud VPS environment and automated backups. However, free domain SSL is not available with their plans.
- WordPress toolkit to plan, install, manage, secure and update your WordPress site; can also be used for 1-click installs, website migration, site staging and multi-site management.
Vultr starter plan is priced at $2.50/month. Below is an overview of their pricing plans:
BigRock is a premium VPS provider that offers standard VPS hosting packages. The hosting resources offered by BigRock are ideal for small, medium, and large websites. One of the best things about BigRock is that it offers unlimited VPS hosting powered by a cloud platform at affordable prices that offers maximum operating efficiency. BigRock makes use of a caching technology known as ‘Varnish’ for giving a speed boost to the websites so with BigRock you can experience fast website speed during peak traffic times as well.
- Unmetered disk space offered with higher plans
- Instant scaling, no need to move your hosting as traffic grows
- 1 click application installer
- 24/7 customer support available through calls, chat and email
- Multiple payment methods accepted
- Limited number of features provided as per the pricing
- No free automated backups
- No flexibility offered to change the name servers
- Globally distributed CDN and Varnish caching system that ensures that your website loads faster always.
- Automatic failover detection where in case of a server failure, your website is automatically moved to another server.
- Intuitive dashboard to help you manage your hosting resources efficiently.
- BigRock offers ceph storage that ensures a top level of redundancy and minimizes the data administration time.
- Capacity to add up to 8 GB RAM and 8 Cores CPU.
The pricing of the basic plan starts from $5.69/Month and the other two plans are priced at Advanced SSD – $7.89/Month and Business SSD – $9.49/Month. Although BigRock does not offer very competitive pricing, you can opt for the right plan according to your hosting requirements.
Nestify is a Managed VPS hosting specialized mainly for WordPress, but I can run also other solutions such as Drupal, Laravel, Joomla, or Custom PHP.
They offer Unmetered bandwidth with all their VPS plans, they are easily scalable, offering a long some cool features that will help you to get started.
Since this is a managed hosting, you won’t need to worry about managing your own server, their technical support will take care of everything for you.
- Unlimited bandwidth that allows big traffics on your site(s)
- Unlimited Websites
- Free SSL & Automatic Daily Backups
- Free Migrations
- All plans come with a Free trial and a 60-days money-back guarantee
- Customer support response time is a bit slow
- No phone call support
So, let’s discover some of their coolest features:
- Supports up to 8 cores CPUs for fast loading speed and improved website performance overall.
- 2 GB – 32 GB RAM; enough memory to run big sites. This makes the sites run faster.
- Supports storage from 10 GB to 480 GB.
- Staging Site available in all plans.
- Unlimited bandwidth, you don’t need to be concerned about the traffic limitation of your website visits.
- Free Hack Fix for additional security protection.
- Auto-Scaling & Auto-Healing are available starting from the n-medium plan.
When it comes to VPS hosting, DreamHost is one of the best choices for you. With every VPS hosting plan, you get dedicated resources that only your site can use. This ensures low latency, high speed and superior performance. And as your business scales and your website gets more traffic, you can seamlessly upgrade storage and RAM in less than 10 seconds!
- No limit to the amount of traffic your site can send or receive
- They provide a 100% uptime guarantee and in reality, you can experience excellent server uptime with DreamHost VPS
- Host unlimited number of websites and domains
- Customer support from USA (in-house support)
- Free domain (1st year) & SSL certificate
- Automated backups
- 1 Gbit port not available
- No free site migration
- Unlimited SSD storage not provided
- Long waiting time with the customer support via live chat, and only available during working hours (7 days a week)
Here are the key features of DreamHost unmetered bandwidth VPS hosting:
- Powered by Ubuntu OS using Linux-VServer to virtualize.
- The basic plan offers 1GB RAM and 30GB SSD storage, all expandable based on your growing needs.
- Simple and intuitive control panel and easy setup.
- They guarantee 100% uptime. They promise to compensate you for little downtime as well.
- 20x faster and high-performance Solid-State Drives (SSDs), ranging from 30GB to 240GB.
- Fully managed VPS service with automated OS updates, security patches and more
- Customer support is reachable via live chat and email, but they do not provide support through the phone.
Powerful uptime, high-performance SSDs, and fully managed VPS service.
DreamHost VPS Basic plan, or the entry-level plan, starts at $10.00/month for a 36-month plan. Find the pricing plans below:
Hyperhost has been providing high-quality hosting products with features that are easy to use. Hyperhost offers impressive VPS server options where you can choose your virtualization according to your preferences. They provide completely optimized VPS and install the necessary software to help you with the configurations. You can order virtual private servers that are based on pure SSD in Ukraine, Russia & Europe.
- Blazing fast page loading speed with SSD virtual private servers at half the cost of a dedicated server
- 1 Gbps network speed available with premium VPS plans
- Both Linux VPS and Windows hosting available
- Free domain name; free migrations
- SSD storage in RAID configurations
- 24/7 VPS support by experts
- Affordable VPS hosting plans with unlimited traffic
- Data centers only in Ukraine, Russia and Netherlands. Customers hosting from other parts of the world might experience slow website speed
- The addons offered with the web hosting are expensive
- SSD-powered virtual private servers that are built for ultra-fast speed, faster write/read speeds and greater efficiency. The servers help load the applications instantly, deliver excellent performance and reduce boot times significantly.
- Unmetered traffic ensures you will not be charged for data outages or bandwidth limits. Even during traffic spikes, the site will continue to load fast.
- SSH access with Google 2-factor authentication
- Code is accepted in any language.
- VDS servers utilize KVM for Windows, FreeBSD and Linux distributive.
- VPS servers include OpenVZ for CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian.
The basic VPS hosting plan offered by Hyperhost is priced at $9.33/month. The price of the VPS hosting packages increases as you opt for more configurations. Below is an overview of the pricing plans.
#BONUS# – HostGator
Unmetered bandwidth with all plans, easy scaling, full root access and dedicated resources are some powerful features that make HostGator a good choice for unlimited bandwidth VPS hosting. Bandwidth and disk space are “unmetered”, which means you need not pay based on the bandwidth or amount of disk space you use.
- Unlimited bandwidth that ensures fast loading times and superior performance
- Network guarantee and money back guarantee provided
- Weekly off-site backup of your private server data
- Full root access enables you to choose your custom code and CMS for your VPS
- A host of value-added tools like script installer, site templates, site development tools, etc.
- Customer support response time is slower
- Backup restore may require additional fees
- Site performance and speed not always consistent and reliable
- It is not the most economical VPS hosting plan that you can get
So, what are the features that put HostGator on the list of top VPS hosting? Check out here:
- Supports up to 4 cores vCPU for improved website performance and fast loading.
- 2 GB – 8 GB RAM; enough space to store small website data. This makes the site run faster.
- Supports storage from 120 GB to 240 GB.
- 2 Dedicated IPs available with all plans.
- Unmetered bandwidth, which means you will not be charged based on the amount of bandwidth or disk space you use. However, often their “unlimited” offering becomes unreliable.
- Centralized DDoS protection, weekly offsite backups, manual and scheduled backups available.
- Unlimited email accounts and free content transfers.
- CentOS 7 operating system that powers your website with high speed and low latency.
The starting price of HostGator VPS hosting is $19.95/month when you sign up for a 36-month term.
Depending on your website size and VPS hosting needs, your choice of cheap VPS with unlimited bandwidth hosting plans will vary. It is important that you understand the technical specifications, features, and pricing of different VPS plans discussed above to choose one that fits your unique needs. At the same time, OS support, virtualization type, and ease of use should also be taken into consideration.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cheapest VPS?
DreamHost, Mochahost, and Hostinger are three VPS hosting providers that offer affordable plans, especially when you sign up for a 36-month period.
Are there any free VPS?
No. VPS hosting is a premium service and often comes with dedicated resources that only your website can use. Therefore, a completely free VPS is not provided by any of the hosting companies discussed above.
What is unmetered and unlimited bandwidth?
Unmetered bandwidth refers to the speed at which data is transferred. Here, the maximum server speed you get is limited, but the amount of data you can transfer is unlimited. On the other hand, unlimited bandwidth means you can upload and download as much amount of data as you want in any given period of time.
Hopefully, this review will help you choose the best VPS hosting for your website. If you have any suggestions or if you would like to add to the information given in this review article, you can leave your comments below.