The hosting industry is growing at a rapid pace, bringing new technologies and services for hosting and storage needs. This gives you excellent opportunities to explore different types of hosting solutions as your business scales.
As your business grows, you might consider switching to the Virtual Private Server (VPS) – thanks to its matchless storage, functionality, reliability, and security. A cheap storage VPS server is perfect when you don’t want a dedicated server and you need more space and specifications as compared to a shared server.
You can choose to have a dedicated server powering all your website/application hosting needs with exceptional storage, RAM, and CPU power. If you want faster page loading speed, high-end security, and robust service that is affordable as well, VPS hosting is the best choice.
Unmanaged VPS is a hosting plan with no (or few) additional features and services. The complete control of the VPS lies with the user – right from setting up the server to configuring applications and monitoring the VPS. The responsibility of the web hosting service provider ends with providing the hosting platform and network connection.
Unmanaged VPS Hosting is a great choice if you or your team have technical expertise and knowledge about how to configure, manage, and maintain the VPS as well as other applications and services that come with it.
Good Things About The Unmanaged VPS Server:
- Gives more control in terms of accessing and managing the VPS and associated services or applications
- Affordable as compared to managed VPS
Unmanaged VPS Hosting Also Comes With Responsibilities Like:
- Requires the expertise of a tech-savvy professional for managing the VPS.
- You get less time to concentrate on your core business functionalities as you have to take care of various technical aspects and issues.
- If the VPS and its applications are not updated regularly, it can lead to reduced reliability and security.
- You need to continuously keep up with security patches and OS updates
Managing a VPS server demands technical expertise, time, and effort. In a managed VPS plan, the hosting service provider is responsible for handling all the core server-related aspects like software installation, maintenance, and technical issues. It is more of an auto-pilot approach that enables businesses to leverage the technical know-how of the web hosting provider in managing the server. The web hosting company executes all the essential tasks while you can focus on growing your business.
In Managed VPS Hosting, the following tasks are managed by the VPS provider:
- Software upgrades and updates
- Server backup
- Security patches
- 24/7 server and application monitoring, support, and guidance
Managed VPS Is A Good Hosting Option Because:
- It saves you time and effort; ideal for clients with minimal technical expertise.
- Round-the-clock monitoring ensures excellent performance and 99.99% uptime at all times.
- Higher scalability in terms of access to bandwidth, RAM, and CPU based on your VPS requirements
- Higher level of security and timely updates.
Unmanaged & Managed Cheap Storage VPS Services – A Comparison!
Not sure which VPS hosting service provider is suitable for your website or business needs?
Let’s explore the top 8 VPS hosting service providers, comparing the key features and pricing of their Unmanaged, and Managed Hosting packages.
Big Data Storage
Time4VPS servers are great if you are looking at higher resilience. These VPS storages are a complete value for money with seamless options to select your desired amount of storage, RAM, and data transfer. You pay only for what you need!
Developer-friendly and affordable, this unmanaged hosting solution provides lightning-fast speed up to 20X faster. So, you’ll never have to worry about your website or applications taking decades to load!
With a 99.9% uptime guarantee, starting from 256 GB SSD storage, 1 Core CPU, ongoing security, and 24/7 technical support, Time4VPS is definitely worth considering.
Price: $1.77 / Month
Unmanaged VPS Hosting
Here comes the best ever unmanaged VPS Hosting solution that offers a host of cutting-edge features like OpenVZ virtualization, quick server deployment, excellent SSD storage, and much more at a price that blissfully fits your pocket.
Powered by 1 vCPU and an admirable 1 GB RAM, Hostens Unmanaged VPS Hosting solution offers abundant resources that cover more than just your day-to-day applications. Its 1 GB RAM with a dedicated IP and 512 GB bandwidth is sure to keep your website up and running at all times.
For unmatched reliability and performance, trust this robust VPS that gives you the flexibility to pick an operating system that works best for you. Managing your websites, databases, emails, and applications are simplified through the most user-friendly control panel – Owncloud.
Most interestingly, you can renew the hosting plan every month at the same cost!
Price: $1.20 / Month
Hostens also offers top-notch Windows VPS servers that are specifically designed for resource-intensive applications that require dedicated resources. Manage your VPS deployment efficiently through the Plesk control panel.
Price: $4.50 / Month
Unmanaged VPS Hosting
Contabo Unmanaged VPS hosting plans combines HDD with SSD storage for superior performance and lightning-fast speed.
The price is a complete stunner though! And at this affordable price, you get a bagful of capabilities with utmost flexibility!
Leverage the potential of cutting-edge KVM virtualization and hardware. You can select your preferred Linux service provider or Windows Server 2012 and 2016. The plans include pre-configurable DDoS protection. Customize your VPS plan and pay for only what you want.
Get guaranteed 4 GB RAM with 2 Cores CPU and outstanding 300 GB “SSD-boosted” storage space. Featuring unlimited traffic with 100 Mbit/s port, Contabo Unmanaged Hosting is designed for experts!
Price: $4.71 / Month (€ 3.99/month)
Managed VPS Hosting
Powered by AMD or Intel CPU, 8 GB guaranteed RAM, and a large storage VPS of 200 GB SSD disk space, it has all the resources to support your daily website functions.
Unlimited traffic, root access, 200 Mbit/s port, and live support 365 days a year – what more do you expect at a price that will simply surprise you!
Price: $5.89 / Month (€ 4.99 / Month)
Contabo also offers Windows VPS servers that are built for performance, efficiency, and reliability. You can opt for Windows operating system with the server version: 2019 Standard (64 Bit), 2016 Standard (64 Bit), and 2012 R2 Standard (64 Bit).
Price: $46.14 / Month (€ 39/month)
#4 Nexus Bytes
Storage KVM VPS
It combines best-in-class processors with dedicated compute hyper-threads, good memory, impressive HDD storage, and high-speed transfer.
Start off with “Basic plan” at low cost and limited resources and then you can continue “resizing” the plan as your business scales.
Interestingly, with the basic plan, you get 500 GB HDD storage, 2 powerful Xeon vCPU, 0.5GB RAM, and up to 2.5TB transfer speed.
Price: $3.20 / Month
This KVM storage server offering includes everything from Full Root Access, Instant Setup, Easy Control Panel, hardware node maintenance to backups, and much more.
What more! You get from to 2GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 2 CPU Cores, and a generous monthly bandwidth. All these features are available at an affordable price that makes this hosting platform a complete value for money!
Managed support includes all major Linux distributions, high-quality HP & Western digital drives, Mass storage capacity with RAID protection, and much more.
The robust and intuitive Linux VPS hardware is a power-packed combination of high storage perforamnce, excellent security, and ultra-fast connectivity.
At an affordable price, the starting offer begins with 100 GB HDD storage, 1 GB RAM, and 1TB Bandwidth – that is ideal for supporting the standard storage hosting requirements.
Full root access, 24/7 technical support, and improved reliability – the entry plan is just what you need for your small business. Want more? You can easily upgrade to a higher plan with no OS installation or restart required!
Price: $3.33 / Month
Managed VPS Hosting
Vultr Managed VPS Hosting brings high-performance, reliable and secure compute instances that are perfect for your web development or application environment.
It features leading-edge Intel CPUs and 100% local SSD with dedicated cloud computing capabilities. It is fully managed with instant deployment.
The basic plan offers 10 GB SSD storage with 1 CPU and 512 MB RAM, but you can seamlessly upgrade to a premium plan as your website grows and it generates more traffic.
Deploy anything just in few seconds while you get infinite OS combinations and cloud computing capabilities across 17 server locations.
Price: $2.50 / Month
Vultr offers Windows servers as well. High-performance Windows servers are offered that can be deployed within seconds. The available Windows versions include: Windows 2016 x64 and Windows 2012 R2 x64 and you also have the choice of uploading your own ISO. Deploy your Windows servers locally or globally at a cheap price!
Price: $10 / Month
Managed VPS Hosting
MochaHost Managed VPS Hosting saves you the time and hassle of setting up, managing, and maintaining your VPS.
The managed service offering includes everything from cPanel, Root Access, and hardware node maintenance to backups, disaster recovery, application manager, malware & spam monitoring, DDoS mitigation, free migration, instant upgrades, and much more.
Additionally, you get up to 3GB RAM, 60 GB SSD, free SSL, 1 CPU Core, and unmetered monthly traffic. If you are considering a managed VPS hosting for modest disk space, then Mochahost is what you want.
Price: $7.98 / Month
MochaHost also offers Windows VPS hosting packages that are fast and stable. With Windows VPS hosting, you get access to features like 100% uptime guarantee, unmetered bandwidth servers, SSD storage, and free migration.
Price: $11.68 / Month
This quick chart will help you compare these cheap VPS Hosting providers on the basis of pricing and customer ratings on Trustpilot.
|No||VPS Hosting||Unmanaged||Managed||Trustpilot Rating|
Ratings Courtesy: Trustpilot
Guidelines For Selecting The Best & Cheapest VPS Storage
For businesses upgrading from shared hosting, VPS is considered one of the ideal solutions. At a pocket-friendly price, VPS hosting is high-performance, secure, and reliable. When you scale, switching to VPS hosting might be the right decision. However, choosing the right VPS hosting service provider and plan might become an intimidating task at times. Here are some vital guidelines you can use for selecting the ideal VPS provider:
- Determine why you need a VPS: Every VPS package comes with different CPU, storage, and RAM capabilities. Consider for what purpose you need VPS hosting and likewise, choose the right package in accordance with the volume of resources you require.
- Unmanaged or Managed VPS hosting: Depending on your technical expertise and budget, determine whether you need an unmanaged VPS hosting plan or one with managed support. The latter requires the least technical expertise and time but is more expensive than unmanaged plans.
- The type of applications you need to deploy: As your business grows, you would need more applications such as access control, employee tracking, remote working, and more. Depending on your need to deploy applications, choose a VPS package that provides enough resources and storage.
- Security: Choose a VPS hosting provider that guarantees high-end security with robust firewalls, anti-DDoS and intrusion protection, anti-malware, SSL certificates, VPNs, and more.
- Specifications – Look beyond mere numbers: Yes, size matters but you also need to consider what you will do with it. Do not fall for flashy technical specifications; keep the bigger picture in mind. A combination of high-specification tech and collective optimization is what you should eye for.
- Is the CPU powerful: Seamless performance and flexibility, even during peak times, should be your priority when considering VPS hosting. Make sure that you get sufficient CPU power for managing the website functions.
- Is the RAM size enough: The show must go on and you need just the right RAM size for it. If you have multiple websites, databases, and applications to manage, it is recommended to look for a RAM size that is more than 4 GB.
- Storage: If you are looking at optimized performance, robust storage is just what you need for speed and flexibility. Check if you are getting fast performance, instant boots, and rapid transfers and resilience.
- Nothing less than 24/7 customer support: Make sure the web hosting provider offers round-the-clock support for all your problems related to VPS hosting, management, and maintenance.
- Trustworthy and reliable hosting: Switching to a new host or using between Unmanaged and Managed plans can be complicated. It’s exciting but you won’t get hands-on in one day. Therefore, you need a hosting service provider that offers seamless migration with a dedicated and lifelong support guarantee.
While Managed VPS Hosting comes costlier, it can add value for businesses in the long run. You will have complete peace of mind that your VPS hosting is managed professionally, while all security issues are handled in time to reduce system downtime and offer an improved web experience to the clients.
On the other hand, if your team has the technical expertise and knowledge to set up and manage VPS hosting, then unmanaged VPS hosting is a more affordable is a better option with improved flexibility and control. Even unmanaged VPS hosting plans come with high uptime and ultra-fast transfer speed with excellent SSD storage.
The choice would depend on the type of website/application you want to host, your future needs, budget, and the technical know-how of your team.
Hope this article provides you a better insight on selecting the right VPS storage that is affordable and fits your requirements. We would love to have your comments and feedback about this article and about the VPS you are using and your experience with it.