Are you planning to purchase a shared hosting plan from Namecheap? Do you want to know the features of its Stellar Business plan? If yes, you’ll get all the details here.
This Namecheap Stellar Business review will help you decide whether or not it is the right plan for your hosting needs.
You will learn its features, pricing, benefits, and limitations. We’ll also share some of the best alternatives to the Stellar Business plan by the end of this article.
But first, allow us to briefly introduce you to this Namecheap plan in our next section.
Introduction to the Namecheap Stellar Business Review
Stellar Business is the highest-tier shared hosting plan from Namecheap. It offers automatic backups, cloud storage, and double the inode limit compared to the other plans.
When compared to similar hosting plans of Namecheap competitors, the Stellar Business is a cheaper option.
This Namecheap plan doesn’t have any limits on hosted domains, subdomains, parked domains, databases, FTP users, or mail accounts. You will also receive higher outgoing email limits and priority customer support.
This Stellar Business review will cover more valuable features available as part of this plan to help you decide whether or not it is the right hosting plan for your website.
Pros & Cons of Stellar Business Plan
Before moving forward toward the features, let’s look at the pros and cons of the Stellar Business plan:
- It supports unlimited websites, so you can create as many sites as you desire.
- You will get unlimited bandwidth which helps to handle large amounts of traffic easily.
- The plan includes daily automatic backups that allow you to recover all your website data in case of unforeseen data loss.
- All Stellar Business customers receive priority support that helps with faster resolution of your queries.
- You will get a free domain and WHOIS privacy with an annual plan. So your private details like name, email, and phone number won’t be available publicly.
- Namecheap offers you PCI compliant hosting, which comes in handy for online stores. PCI compliance is mandatory for collecting payments on your website.
- Stellar Business includes eAccelerator, XCache, and APC features for faster websites.
- You will receive cloud-based storage to ensure zero downtime.
- The free SSL certificate is only available for the first year, after that, you’ll have to pay for it.
- Namecheap doesn’t provide any phone support with this plan.
- It offers only 50 GB SSD
- The host doesn’t have any data centers in the Asian It will lead to slower load times for your site visitors from Asia.
Features & benefits of Stellar Business by NameCheap
The Namecheap Stellar Business plan offers many more features than other shared plans.
It is the only shared hosting plan among the three that allows setting up personal nameservers and uses eAccelerator and XCache to boost your website’s performance.
Let’s look at the key features of Stellar Business:
- Bandwidth: It provides unmetered bandwidth.
- Disk space: The plan comes with 50 GB of SSD space.
- Domain hosting: You are allowed to host unlimited domains and subdomains.
- FTP users: Stellar Business plan permits creating unlimited FTP users.
- Email hosting: Namecheap enables the creation of unlimited email accounts and emails forwarders with this plan.
- Databases: You will get unlimited MySQL and PostgreSQL databases.
Stellar Business hosting provides you with the following benefits when compared to the other Namecheap shared hosting plans:
- Utmost resources to deliver excellent performance for resource-intensive websites.
- Personal nameservers for developing yourself as a brand.
- Daily automatic backups to protect your website data.
- XCache, eAccelerator, and APC for fast-functioning websites.
- Fewer accounts per server for better server performance.
- Distributed cloud storage to ensure zero downtime.
- PCI compliance to securely collect payments on your eCommerce website, it’s a rarely offered feature with a shared hosting plan.
- A high inode limit of 600,000 allows you to store more files.
Performance – Is Namecheap Fast?
Namecheap’s shared hosting plans include LiteSpeed Web Server (LSWS). LiteSpeed carries the power to accelerate your website whenever you activate it.
We conducted uptime testing for 2 weeks to examine Namecheap’s performance. Here is a screenshot showing the test results:
As seen above, Namecheap can’t deliver 100% uptime as it promises. Even the average response time of 1.05 seconds is not satisfactory.
Page Load Times
We further conducted page load tests for Namecheap using the GTmetrix tool. Here are the test results:
The screenshot above shows that the host is capable of delivering top performance. Largest Contentful Paint (LCP) is the metric measuring the load time of the largest content element on a web page.
Namecheap excels in this test with 549 ms LCP.
The Stellar Business plan comes with XCache and eAccelerator tools for PHP optimization. These tools are not available with any other Namecheap shared hosting plans.
They help boost your website’s performance by drastically enhancing its speed. These tools were the significant contributors to bringing in those excellent performance results above.
Will Namecheap Customer Support help me?
Yes, Namecheap customer support is beneficial and among the best in the hosting industry.
- You will receive prompt responses from Namecheap support executives. The Stellar Business plan includes priority support, which benefits beginners and business owners.
- Namecheap’s ticket system is extremely helpful. The experts reply to your support tickets within minutes.
- The host connects you with a live chat agent in under 1 minute to quickly solve your problems.
Let’s continue in this Namecheap Stellar Business review and look at the pricing structure.
Stellar Business Pricing
Namecheap Stellar Business plan is available at the following prices for different billing terms:
|Billing term||Monthly initial price||Total initial price|
The host provides a special discount only for first-time subscriptions. So the renewal prices are higher than the initial prices except for the monthly billing term.
The table below shows the renewal costs of the Stellar Business plan:
|Billing term||Monthly renewal price||Total renewal price|
The host also charges $1 per month extra if you select the EU or UK data centers.
Namecheap accepts MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, PayPal, and cryptocurrency payments.
Few Limitations of Stellar Business Plan
Namecheap is upfront about its resource limits and acceptable use policy (AUP). The availability of generous resource limits with the Stellar Business plan is quite helpful for website owners. Let’s look at them here:
- The Stellar Business SSD plan provides a guaranteed limit of 2 GB RAM. However, you can consume up to 8 GB RAM in exceptional cases for a short duration.
- This Namecheap plan comes with an inode limit of 600,000 files.
- You get to use 100% CPU in everyday situations and 400% CPU for a short duration on rare occasions.
- The I/O limit for the Stellar Business plan is 50 MB/s.
- The number of Entry Processes is limited to 40.
Consider checking your resource limit consumption under the Metrics section of your cPanel:
What People Say In Trustpilot
Now that we’ve discussed the features, benefits, and limitations of the Stellar Business plan, let’s check out what customers have to say about it:
The screenshots above show that people have mixed reviews about the Namecheap Stellar plan. Some face speed issues with the host, while others are fully satisfied with its shared hosting.
3 Alternatives to Namecheap Stellar Business hosting plan
Since Namecheap users have both positive and negative opinions about the host, let’s look at some of the best alternatives to the Stellar Business plan:
Hostinger Business plan is an excellent alternative to the Namecheap Stellar Business plan. It offers a generous disk space of 200 GB, which is 4 times of SSD storage available with Stellar Business.
Unlike Namecheap, Hostinger has data centers in the Asian region as well. Additionally, the Hostinger Business plan is cheaper than the Namecheap Business plan.
A2hosting “Run” plan
Another alternative to the Namecheap Business plan is the A2 Hosting Run plan. It is a managed WordPress plan offering similar hosting features.
The host has Turbo LiteSpeed web servers which are 20 times faster than standard servers.
WPEngine “managed WordPress” plan
WP Engine Managed WordPress Startup plan is another excellent alternative to the Stellar Business plan. It is a fully managed hosting plan that makes it easy to focus on your business activities.
The host offers a 60-day money-back guarantee as against a 30-day guarantee from Namecheap.
Final Verdict: Namecheap Stellar Business
Overall, Namecheap Stellar Business is a good hosting plan. You will be sharing your server resources with fewer other website owners. Furthermore, it has fewer restrictions, such as no bandwidth caps.
Who is it for?
- Small eCommerce websites using WooCommerce, Magento, or PrestaShop.
- Content-rich websites.
- Clients who are not ready for VPS yet.
If you’re looking for large disk space, go with the Hostinger Business plan instead.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Why is Namecheap hosting so cheap?
Namecheap hosting is cheap since the host keeps lower profit margins. The host uses the price penetration strategy to attract more volume and has successfully created a large base of over 10 million customers.
So it can make a tremendous amount overall.
Is Namecheap trustworthy?
Yes, Namecheap is trustworthy, with an experience of 23 years now. It has millions of loyal and satisfied customers.
Is Namecheap a good domain registrar?
Yes, Namecheap is a good domain registrar and is counted among the most prominent players in the market.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?