Of all types of cyber attacks known worldwide, malware attack is considered the most terrifying and devastating. Loss due to malware attacks is set to rise by up to $20 billion dollars by the end of 2021. It is used to disable, damage or hack web applications:
- Collecting confidential data
- Deleting or altering website files
- Causing temporary website suspensions
- Affecting website loading time
- Damaging search engine rankings…and much more
The impact of malware attacks or other forms of cyber security threats on your site or e-commerce store can be dreadful. Therefore, it is important to have strict security standards in practice.
What Is iPage SiteLock?
One effective tool to increase your website security and build a strong web presence is iPage’s SiteLock. iPage is a US-based web hosting provider that has partnered with SiteLock, an automated cybersecurity software solution for businesses of all sizes. SiteLock scans a website to detect potential malware, viruses, and other vulnerabilities – ensuring it is protected from fast-growing cyber threats.
A website that is protected by SiteLock displays the SiteLock Trust Seal that looks like this:
It helps build trust and credibility among website visitors, ensuring it is secure. This also helps prevent the website from getting blacklisted by search engines.
Advantages Of SiteLock addon
- 1. Daily Malware Scans
- 2. Automatic Malware Removal
- 3. Google Blacklist Monitoring
- 4. Site Security Certification
- 5. Vulnerability Patching
- 6. PCI Compliance Scanning
- 7. DDoS Protection
Other SiteLock security suite Features
Here are some more important features of SiteLock security suite that you should consider for ensuring improved security of your website:
- Automated bot attack blocking – Sitelock detects and blocks most types of bot attacks
- Database scanning – In-depth website database scanning is performed to identify potential threats and malware
- Advanced web application firewall – It ensures added firewall protection for improved website security
- Faster response time – Support response time is fastest only with Prevent Plus plan
- External scan and file-level scanning – In-depth scanning is performed for comprehensive security checks at all levels
- Threat blocking – It will identify threats for ecommerce applications and CMS, and block the threats automatically
- Complete account-level malware removal – Ensure complete removal of malware, viruses, and other vulnerabilities
- Daily/continuous scan frequency – Continuous scan frequency is available only with the Prevent Plus plan
- CMS support – Dedicated CMS support is available for WordPress, WooCommerce, Drupal, Joomla, Magento, and PrestaShop
SiteLock Security Pricing
When you sign up for SiteLock directly, their website security plans start with $14.99 per website/month. Annually, it will add up to $149.99 per website/year for the basic SecureAlert plan.
On the other hand, in partnership with iPage web hosting, SiteLock pricing plans start from as low as $3.99/month or $47.88 for a 1-year subscription, and the features offered are enough to protect your website from malware attacks and potential threats or getting blacklisted.
However, a limitation here is that the basic “Essentials” plan is available for a minimum 12-month subscription.
Is there A Free Version Of SiteLock with iPage?
Yes, SiteLock for iPage web hosting does offer a free version. However, capabilities are limited with the free version. For instance, it can scan only a limited number of web pages and identify which one contains malware. This free scan will help detect only known malware and functions as a basic alarm system that notifies you through email when a malicious attack is detected.
The free SiteLock version will not remove the malware automatically as available with paid plans. However, it sends notifications and gives you time to backup your data and clean the infected files to prevent the website from getting blacklisted by search engines.
SiteLock free scan with iPage is a simple HTTP code that scans the website pages for about 20 seconds. During this time frame, SiteLock usually scans up to 5 to 10 website pages and it starts scanning starting from the home page that the domain points to.
While you may be allured to sign up for the free scan, but it is important to understand that it does not come with premium features that are available with the SiteLock paid plans. The paid plans include:
- Site vulnerability scanning
- Automatic malware removal
- DDoS protection
- PCI compliance scanning
- SiteLock web application firewall WAF
- SiteLock Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- SiteLock reputation management
You might be wondering why you should get the SiteLock free scan. It is a good option for small websites that want to save money and cannot pay for the expensive SiteLock security plans. With the free scan, you can detect a malicious attack or malware before it can cause detrimental effects on your website’s security. At least, you can take necessary actions in time to protect the confidential data on your website.
SiteLock runs the free scan once a day per domain; however, it should not be registered with a paid SiteLock plan.
Is SiteLock iPage Worth it?
If you are thinking about whether SiteLock is worth trying, then I would say that it is NOT worth it. There are several reasons for this:
- SiteLock is undoubtedly an effective website security solution, but the features do not come for free. The basic plan starts at $3.99/month. However, you need to sign up for their 12-month plan to get discounted pricing.
- They have an option for a free scan with limited capabilities and can run malware scans for only 5-10 website pages. Additionally, it will not detect the malware and alert you; no malware removal tool is available with the free version.
- There are several better alternatives to SiteLock. For instance, Wordfence. Unlike SiteLock, Wordfence scans the core files, plugins, and themes not just to detect malware, but also backdoors, bad URLs, malicious redirects, SEO spam, and much more.
After all, why would you pay for security support features that you would otherwise get for free with another security plugin!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?