Powering web hosting for over 29 million users globally, and with several new sign-ups in a day, Hostinger undoubtedly is one of the most popular web hosting providers today. They provide a reliable, simplistic, and developer-friendly web hosting solution with high-end security, excellent features, good speed, and good customer service. Most importantly, it is one of the cheapest web hosting solutions. Among the web hosting solutions offered, their basic Single Shared Plan is a clear highlight!
The single shared hosting plan is economically priced, and it offers a good set of features at $0.99 when you sign up for four years! Hostinger also offers a free SSL certificate, quick WordPress installation, and LiteSpeed to improve performance. Server uptime offered is also decent as compared to the other hosting providers.
If you want to opt for this plan, then this Hostinger Single shared hosting review will answer the questions like: Should you go for it? Is it suitable for your web hosting needs? What are the pros & cons? Get information on all the vital aspects to make an informed decision.
The Single Shared Hosting plan is an ideal solution for beginners who are just getting started with building their website or blog. It is one of the cheapest hosting plans you will get in the market, and promises premium features that are optimized for superior performance, and increased speed of your website. However, there are several limitations too. Discussed here are the key features you will get by signing up for this plan.
- Single Website Hosting: The Single Shared Hosting Plan allows you to host just one website, and supports one email account, and two databases. Thus, it is suitable only for small businesses with a single website or one that only wants to list its inventory.
- Bandwidth & Storage: Get limited bandwidth up to 100 GB and 10 GB SSD storage. That is good to get started with, but as your website grows, and experiences more impressions, limited bandwidth will slow down its performance.
- Security: Ensure improved security of your website with a free SSL certificate that Hostinger offers with all its shared hosting plans. The Single Shared Plan also offers Cloudflare protected nameservers.
- Uptime: Hostinger guarantees 99.9% uptime, which is impressively at par with other top-rated hosting providers in the market. That ensures minimalist downtime, and at an unbelievable price of just $0.99/month!
- Backup: With the Single Shared plan, you also get weekly backup service, ensuring all important data is backed up regularly, and well-protected in case the website crashes.
- Managed WordPress: To make your experience more enriching, Hostinger offers a Managed WordPress feature that allows you to access a comprehensive list of user-friendly tools to set up your new WordPress site or blog. The package includes WordPress installation, WP Starter website-building wizard, core software, and plugins, managed auto-updates, WordPress tutorials, and technical support.
- GIT Access: The GIT source control system enables you to handle every project with efficiency, and speed. With GIT access, you can create website repositories, which can be accessed later, edited, downloaded or auto-deployed on local branches.
- Access Manager: Hostinger Single Shared plan provides Access Manager that allows you to efficiently collaborate through your web hosting account. With this tool, you can manage “privileges” to determine who can access your web hosting account or any other specific services.
The shared hosting plan does not provide a free domain, Google Ads credit, SSH access or free CDN. Despite its numerous features, the scope with Single Shared Hosting is limited.
The Single shared hosting plan by Hostinger is ideal for hosting only one website that generates up to 10,000 unique visitors every month. But as your website grows, so does your target audience, and traffic. As your site starts getting more than 10,000 unique visitors, it may experience slow loading speed. In that case, you will have to upgrade to a higher hosting plan – Premium Shared Hosting or Business Shared Hosting that supports 25,000 to 100,000 monthly website visitors. However, you can upgrade to a higher Hostinger plan only if the site is not a blow-up site or uses CloudFlare CDN or a caching plugin.
Another important performance metric worth mentioning here is “uptime.” Hostinger guarantees 99.9% uptime, and does live up to its promises. Upon several tests performed to check, and validate the shared hosting platform’s uptime, Hostinger proved to be a reliable hosting service with dependable uptime, and at half the cost of buying other high-end shared hosting plans.
And when it comes to speed, Hostinger Single Shared plan (and all other hosting plans) provide an excellent feature known as “LiteSpeed Caching”. These customizable server-level caching plugins are designed for lightning speed, and can supercharge even the most complex web applications with minimalist effort. This enables you to easily handle spikes in website traffic, and also manage cache with Hostinger’s Smart Purge technology. The automated bootstrap process also gets you started right away.
Another interesting feature of Hostinger is that they have global data centers, and you can choose the server location from 7 different regions: USA, UK, Netherlands, Brazil, Lithuania, Indonesia, and Singapore. As servers are deployed in Tier-3 globally-connected datacenters, you can experience reliable performance, and low latency.
Worried about security? The plan also comes with DDoS protection that helps prevent DDoS attacks on several layers. All data centers have multiple ISPs, and dual uplinks. Additionally, Hostinger leverages a wide range of technologies like Wanguard anti-DDoS traffic analyzer, Imunify360 or Bitninja, intelligent firewall rules, custom web server rules, and optional CloudFlare. Together, these technologies ensure your website is protected against most types of cyber attacks.
Despite limited scope, the features available with the Single Shared plan are decent for any simple website. You can experience lightning-fast loading time, high security, guaranteed uptime, and good customer support. However, if your website is growing (which it obviously will), you might need to consider a better plan with unlimited bandwidth, and more improved features.
User Experience / Ease Of Use
It does not matter if you do not have experience in website development. When you sign up for Hostinger Single Shared plan (or any other hosting plan), you will have access to an easy-to-use control panel, and a smart dashboard that enables you to set up and launch your website within minutes. More importantly, the control panel is remarkably fast. Hostinger does not use the standard cPanel for your web hosting account.
They have their own version of cPanel that has the same features and functionalities but it is intuitive and easier to use. This is a big advantage to you because cPanel has recently hiked their license prices by 10 to 15 times the cost they were charging earlier. Their pricing model has changed from the per-server to the per-account model, and this has resulted in a significant increase in their license price. So, hosting providers using cPanel will now have to pay more and the cost will automatically be channeled down to the users, i.e., you need to pay a higher hosting package price.
But this is not the case with Hostinger. Their custom solution – “hPanel” – functions just like cPanel, but is more affordable, easier and highly efficient.
User Type: Target Audience
Hostinger Single Shared plan is most suitable for small and medium-size businesses that have a single website. It supports hosting websites with up to 10,000 unique visitors per month. This is a decent hosting option because small businesses have limited website requirements and budget. However, as your website starts growing and generates higher traffic, you may need to upgrade to a higher plan. Otherwise, limited bandwidth and storage will impact the speed and performance of your website.
Quality Of Customer Support
If you have any questions or encounter a problem during launching your site or through its runtime, you’d want prompt and reliable customer support. Excellent customer support is what differentiates a good hosting provider from an average. One major advantage that that Hostinger support has over their competitors is the ability to provide support in multiple languages depending on the version of the site you’re connected to.
However, despite the high uptime, reliable performance and lightning speed, the hosting provider lacks behind in terms of customer support.
Hostinger does not provide support by phone. So, you might not be able to connect with their technical team precisely when you need them. Secondly, they promise to provide 24/7 support through online chat. But when you send them a query for live support, they are slow in responding to the chat messages. More often, chatbots appear live and it may take several minutes to a few hours for Hostinger professionals to see your message and answer.
Here is an insight on the prices for all the Hostinger shared hosting plans, including the Single Shared hosting package along with the renewal prices:
So, you can see that the Single Shared Hosting package is available at the most economical price – just $0.99/month. At this price, you have the access to a broad range of features, higher uptime, superior performance, top-notch security and excellent speed.
But there is a catch here! When you choose Hostinger’s basic Single Shared Hosting plan, you will need to sign-up for four years. Only then you get this hosting package at $0.99/month. Now that sounds to be a long-term contract and seems to be an expensive deal! But when you prudently calculate, you will see that Hostinger charges only $47.52 for signing up for the first four years. This is even less than what any other mid-range VPS service will cost you for a month.
Additionally, with numerous features, ease of use, security and uptime guarantee, Hostinger ensures a good value for money in the short run as well as in the long run.
Discussed here are the pros and cons of Hostinger Single Shared plan:
- Fast Minecraft servers ensuring lightning speed along with LiteSpeed caching, customizable server-level caching, and automated bootstrap process.
- Good uptime experienced upon testing.
- Hostinger is extremely easy to use for beginners, and has an intuitive dashboard.
- Free SSL certificate.
- Custom hpanel that functions like cPanel but costs less.
- Option to choose your preferred data center location from seven different locations.
- You can migrate your website from any hosting provider to Hostinger for free.
- Free automated weekly backups.
- Affordable hosting plans.
- The Single Shared Hosting plan supports hosting only one website, with one custom email address, and two databases.
- Free domain registration is not provided.
- Unlike other hosting plans where you get a daily backup of your account, Hostinger Single Shared Plan provides only “weekly backup”.
- No SSH access.
- They do not provide phone support, nor do they live up to their promise of delivering 24/7 support. They are available only during standard business hours, and that too only through live chat.
So, is Hostinger Single Shared Hosting plan worth your investment?
We would say “Yes.” Hostinger is a reliable, and budget-friendly web hosting service that enables you to quickly launch your website, and get your business online. The plan contains various features that you would get with other high-end hosting services, but at a price that is surprisingly cheap (even when you pay for four years).
While there are some limitations of bandwidth, storage and scope of hosting, the Single shared hosting plan is still a great option for small businesses that have a single website, and a handful of website traffic. You get fantastic features like free SSL certificate, managed WordPress, and weekly backup at a very fair price.
We welcome your comments, and suggestions, if you have any information to be mentioned about the Hostinger Single shared hosting plan or if you need more information on any point mentioned in this article, you can mention that in the comments.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?