Bluehost is among the 20 largest web hosting providers in the world and is officially recommended by the WordPress organization. It offers many different hosting plans including the Basic shared hosting plan.
If you are looking for a detailed review of the Bluehost Basic plan, you are at the right place. This article presents the features, pros, cons, pricing, and suitability of the Basic plan to help you decide whether it is right for your hosting needs or not.
What is the Bluehost Basic plan?
Bluehost Basic plan is an entry-level shared hosting plan offered by the company. It is the cheapest of all the shared hosting plans and helps you launch your website at an affordable price.
Bluehost Basic Plan Review Features
The Basic shared hosting plan from Bluehost offers you a lot of features and some freebies. Let’s discuss them in detail here:
The Basic plan allows you to host a single website from your Bluehost hosting account since it is the entry-level plan offered by the host.
This plan provides you with 50 GB SSD storage to save all the website data that you create. It is enough when you are just starting.
The Bluehost Basic plan features a website builder that helps you create a professional-looking website very quickly. It is super easy to use with its drag-and-drop functionality and comes with WordPress integration and AI templates.
This shared hosting plan from Bluehost allows you to customize your website theme as per your liking. You can choose the color, font, size, and placement of different elements to create a beautiful website.
Unmetered bandwidth and disk space
The host provides unmetered bandwidth with the Basic plan so you are not charged as per the bandwidth or disk space you utilize. However, Bluehost recommends using these resources in the normal operation of a personal or small business website.
24/7 customer support
Bluehost offers 24/7 customer support with all its hosting plans including its Basic shared hosting plan. All your queries related to your Bluehost account and website built thereon will be handled by the experts.
All plans from Bluehost, including the Basic plan, provide you with a domain manager that allows you to purchase, manage, update, and transfer your domains easily.
Bluehost ensures to protect your website on a shared server from getting affected by other websites on the same server. Your website’s performance is efficiently taken care of by the host.
Google My Business
If your website represents a local business, you can list it on Google My Business. The Bluehost Basic plan helps you to list the business location and hours of operation to connect with your local customers quickly.
Freebies included in the Bluehost Basic Plan
The host offers some freebies with its Basic plan that will help you save website-related expenses:
Bluehost offers a free domain with its Basic plan for the first year thereby saving you money during the initial phase of your online presence.
The plan also provides you with a free Content Delivery Network (CDN) powered by Cloudflare. It stores your website content at more than 200 worldwide locations to load it quickly for your visitors from all over the world.
Bluehost provides a free SSL certificate powered by Let’s Encrypt to secure the communication to and from your website. It also safeguards your visitor and customer data including all the sensitive information and e-commerce transactions.
Google Ads credit
Bluehost offers up to $150 worth of Google Ads credit for your very first ad campaign. This offer is only for new Google Ads customers located in the US.
Pros of the Bluehost Basic plan
- With an easy-to-use website builder, you can create a website even without any technical skills.
- The unmetered bandwidth offered by the Basic plan allows your website to handle the traffic smoothly without any issues.
- The availability of custom themes helps develop a website that matches your brand’s vision or business logo.
- 24/7 support provided by Bluehost ensures to solve all your technical and non-technical queries no matter when they arise.
- The Basic plan makes it easy to manage any domain-related actions with the domain manager it provides.
- With the free Cloudflare CDN, your website’s speed and performance will be substantially boosted.
- Getting a free domain for a year saves you money.
- A free SSL adds security to your website.
- The Basic plan provides $150 worth of Google Ads credit free of cost.
Cons of the Bluehost Basic plan
- Only a single website can be hosted with this plan.
- It offers a limited SSD space of 50 GB only.
- The unmetered bandwidth available with the Basic plan cannot be used freely with the limits set by the host.
Pricing of the Bluehost Basic plan
The Bluehost Basic shared hosting plan is available at the lowest price of $2.95 per month when you purchase it for a term of 12 months. The host offers it for two term-lengths initially – 12 and 36 months only.
If you go for a 36-month plan, you will be paying $4.95 per month initially. The renewal price of this entry-level shared hosting plan varies with the term length for which you renew it. You can find it here:
|Renewal Term Length||Renewal price of the Basic Plan|
|1 month||$10.99 per month|
|6 months||$10.99 per month|
|1 year||$9.99 per month|
|2 years||$9.49 per month|
|3 years||$8.99 per month|
|5 years||$8.99 per month|
Who is the Bluehost Basic plan for?
The Bluehost Basic plan is suitable for you if:
- You are planning to host one website only.
- You are just starting your online journey and do not need ample resources.
- You are on a strict budget.
- You run a small business or a personal website.
The Basic plan is the cheapest shared hosting plan from Bluehost that offers many useful features for launching your website. It is best to begin your online journey with this plan and scale to a higher plan as your website grows.