Choosing a Windows Virtual Private Server (VPS) is a smart choice since it is easy to manage and offers a better user experience. If you are looking for a cheap Windows VPS in Canada, Kamatera can provide you with the right plan for your needs.
However, I have created a list of Canadian VPS providers offering Windows servers to give you more options and select a hosting provider based on your current project.
Without any further discussion, let’s jump straight into the top 7 cheapest Canadian windows VPS.
7 Cheap Windows VPS in Canada
1. Kamatera (Best Overall)
Founded in 1995, Kamatera is a cloud hosting provider offering enterprise-grade virtual servers for businesses of all types.
You have an option to choose between Linux and Windows for your Canada VPS hosting and you the options to install your server between Toronto and Ontario.
Pricing: Kamatera Windows VPS plans range between $23 to $3962 per month. You will receive a minimum configuration of 1 CPU, 1024 MB RAM, 30 GB SSD storage, and 5000 GB bandwidth.
Pros of Kamatera
- Kamatera offers quick provisioning of Windows VPS in under 60 seconds.
- The host allows unlimited and fast scale-up of resources.
- Kamatera Windows VPS includes unlimited bandwidth of 40 Gbit/s.
- You can custom-create your VPS with only the resources you need.
- Kamatera plans come with 24/7 premium customer support.
- You can choose from several Windows versions for your VPS.
- The host offers a 99.95% uptime guarantee with its VPS plans.
- You can choose to pay hourly or monthly for your VPS.
- Kamatera also provides a 30-day free trial with its Windows VPS.
Cons of Kamatera
- The host offers full server backups at an additional cost.
- You will have to pay for snapshots when taking backups manually.
Kamatera customer reviews
Kamatera is loved for its excellent VPS services all over the world. Here are some reviews from happy Kamatera customers around the internet:
2. Vultr (Best performance)
Vultr has served over 1.5 million customers worldwide since 2014. It offers cheap Cloud VPS in Canada in different Windows versions and offers a virtual server in Toronto, Ontario.
Pricing: Depending on the features you choose, Vultr’s VPS plans cost anywhere between $14 to $640 per month and offer a minimum configuration of 1 CPU, 2 GB RAM, 55 GB SSD storage, and 2 TB bandwidth.
Pros of Vultr
- Vultr Windows VPS comes with a dedicated IP address.
- You can choose between different Windows versions.
- Vultr VPS comes with an Active Directory.
- Locks down server applications with an advanced firewall in case of need.
- These servers feature a Server Manager.
- Vultr allows VPS deployment in 25 worldwide locations, including Canada.
- The host offers an easy-to-manage control panel.
- You will receive enterprise-grade stability with 100% SLA.
- Vultr provides root administration access with all its VPS plans.
Cons of Vultr
- Windows VPS from Vultr does not include free DDoS protection.
- The host does not offer free automatic backups.
Vultr customer reviews
Many Vultr VPS customers are happy with their servers and support offered:
3. OVHcloud (best for Minecraft and Professionals)
Established in 1999, OVHcloud is a European cloud VPS provider that offers both Linux and Windows VPS plans. It allows you to choose between two different Windows versions in Canada.
The host has its data center location in Beauharnois (Quebec) in Canada.
Pricing: The prices of Windows VPS plans from OVHcloud begin at CAD14.36 or USD11.21 out of which $5.75 is charged for the plan features and the remaining $5.47 for the Windows server. These prices go up to $66.68 for the highest VPS plan with Windows.
The host offers a minimum configuration of 1 CPU, 2 GB memory, 40 GB NVMe storage, and 250 Mbps unmetered bandwidth.
Pros of OVHcloud
- OVHcloud uses NVMe technology for faster and more stable storage solutions.
- The host handles all the technical aspects of the server.
- You will receive full admin access to your VPS.
- OVHcloud offers complete scalability for easier scaling up of VPS resources.
- These Windows VPS plans allow you to host high bandwidth applications.
- OVHcloud VPS comes with DDoS protection.
Cons of OVHcloud
- OVHcloud Windows VPS does not include an email service or domain name.
- The host does not offer automatic backups with its VPS.
- Creating and restoring snapshots of your VPS involves an additional cost.
OVHcloud customer reviews
People have mixed opinions about the services rendered by OVHcloud but the main issue lies with server management and customer support. Here’s a customer review of OVHcloud VPS on Trustpilot that explains it all:
Here’s another review on Reddit that tells the same story:
Consider checking the above OVHcloud Reddit thread here.
4. AccuWebHosting (best for Forex trading)
AccuWebHosting has more than 19 years of experience in the hosting industry. It offers both cloud and non-cloud Windows VPS plans in Montreal, Quebec, Canada to suit the needs of different individuals.
Pricing: The Windows VPS plans from AccuWebHosting range between $16.99 and $361.99 per month. The host offers minimum specifications of 1 vCPU, 1 GB RAM, 40 GB storage, and 1 TB bandwidth.
Pros of AccuWebHosting
- AccuWebHosting offers free weekly backups with its VPS plans.
- It provides you with server root access for self-management.
- AccuWebHosting Windows VPS comes with an inbuilt firewall.
- You can choose from multiple Windows versions available with the host.
- It is easy to scale resources with AccuWebHosting Windows VPS hosting.
- The host allows Remote Desktop Access for complete server control.
- You will receive 1 dedicated IP address with each VPS plan.
- All AccuWebHosting Windows VPS plans come with a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- The host uses a RAID setup to offer better VPS performance.
- You will receive a 7-day money-back guarantee with AccuWebHosting VPS.
- The host offers 24/7 live support to all its VPS customers.
Cons of AccuWebHosting
- Daily backups come at an additional cost.
- The domain name is not a part of the VPS plan.
- Domain privacy with AccuWebHosting is more expensive than its competitors.
AccuWebHosting customer reviews
AccuWebHosting customers love their VPS for forex trading:
5. ExtraVM (Best for GameServers)
ExtraVM is a Texas-based host established in 2014. It offers a mountable tool, netboot.xyz, that lets you install Windows on your VPS in Canada. The host allows you to install a Windows VPS in Montreal, and in Quebec aswell.
Pricing: ExtraVM Windows VPS plans range between $5 to $50 per month. The host uses KVM virtualization and offers a minimum configuration of 1 CPU core, 10 GB NVMe storage, 1024 MB RAM, and unmetered bandwidth.
Pros of ExtraVM
- KVM virtualization used by ExtraVM and full kernel technology allows maximum flexibility.
- All ExtraVM VPS plans come with DDoS protection.
- NVMe storage allows faster, stable, and more secure storage.
- ExtraVM usually activates your VPS instantly.
- The easy-to-use control panel saves a lot of your time.
- You will receive a 3-day money-back guarantee with all ExtraVM plans.
- The host offers 24/7/365 customer support.
Cons of ExtraVM
- The host offers very low RAM as compared to its competitors.
- ExtraVM does not have a domain name registration service.
- A 3-day refund period is too short to try ExtraVM’s services.
ExtraVM customer reviews
People use ExtraVM VPS for many heavy-duty works and receive excellent performances. Here are some ExtraVM customers loving their servers for gaming:
6. Canadian Web Hosting (Long-Trusted host)
Established in 1998, Canadian Web Hosting has served 18000+ customers since its inception. The host offers enterprise-grade VPS solutions in Canada with varied features.
You can choose a server location between Toronto (Ontario) and Vancouver (British Columbia).
Pricing: Windows VPS plans from Canadian Web Hosting begin at CAD6.95 or USD5.42 and go up to $515.01 per month. The host charges additional fees of CAD20 per month for the licensing of the Windows hosting server and offers a minimum configuration of 1 CPU core, 20 GB SSD storage, 512 MB memory, and 1 TB bandwidth with its cheapest Canadian VPS plan.
Pros of Canadian Web Hosting
- The host has multiple data center locations in Canada giving you more options.
- With wide plan options, it is easy to scale VPS resources.
- The host offers full root access with its VPS plans.
- Canadian Web Hosting offers multiple upgrade options with its Windows VPS plans.
- You can choose to receive managed support at a monthly additional cost.
- The host offers a 99.5% uptime guarantee with SLA.
Cons of Canadian Web Hosting
- The host does not offer a free Web Application Firewall with VPS.
- You need some technical knowledge to handle Canadian Web Hosting VPS.
- The host offers cPanel at an additional cost.
Canadian Web Hosting customer reviews
The host receives a rating of 4.7 out of 5 on its Facebook review page. Here are some reviews from its satisfied customers from Facebook and Trustpilot:
7. Cirrus Hosting (Best VPS in Canada)
Established in 1999, Cirrus Hosting is a Toronto VPS provider with over 1,00,000 domains. The host offers different cloud VPS plans with Linux and Windows servers with its data center location in Toronto, Ontario.
Pricing: The Windows VPS plans range between $14 and $140 per month when you choose a 3-year term. You will receive a minimum configuration of 2 CPU cores, 40 GB SSD storage, 2 GB RAM, and 3 TB bandwidth.
Pros of Cirrus Hosting
- Cirrus Hosting Windows VPS comes with a global CDN.
- The host allows using Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) to your Windows VPS.
- You will receive full root access for complete VPS customization.
- The host offers a 99.999% uptime guarantee.
- You can easily scale up your server resources without any downtime.
Cons of Cirrus Hosting
- Cirrus Hosting VPS does not offer consistency in speed.
- The host charges an additional amount for maintaining backups.
- The plan prices are quite high when you pay month-by-month.
Cirrus Hosting customer reviews
Cirrus Hosting does not have many customer reviews but I found a link maintained by the company itself that contains reviews from its customers. It seems genuine since the website addresses of its users are also attached, so you can check it out here.
Additionally, I found a customer reviewing the speed offered by Cirrus Hosting:
What to look for in a Canadian Windows VPS?
Choosing the most appropriate VPS hosting in Canada requires selecting a plan that offers more server resources at a low price. Apart from that, here are 5 factors that you must look for in a VPS windows in Canada.
Different hosts offer varied versions of Windows with their VPS plans. So if you are planning to use a specific Windows version, you must look for its availability with the host.
Going with the wrong Windows version can be harmful to your website. Therefore, it is recommended to choose the right version depending on the purpose for which you will be using the Windows VPS.
Since you are looking for a Windows VPS in Canada, the very first thing to look for in a VPS plan is server location. Having a server close to your visitors will have a big impact on your website loading speed.
Also, if a host offers multiple server locations in Canada, like Canadian Web Hosting, choosing the one closest to your target audience will be the best option.
Managed vs Unmanaged
A managed VPS takes off the burden of routine server maintenance from your shoulders since your host has to take care of all the technical aspects. An unmanaged Windows VPS is always cheaper than a managed one.
If you have the knowledge and time to manage your server, go for an unmanaged VPS plan. On the other hand, if you have never handled a VPS earlier, choose a managed Windows VPS host in Canada for automatic security and upkeep of your server.
Since we are talking about cheap Windows VPS in Canada here, plan price is our top priority. The host must charge a fair price for the VPS features it offers.
Also, some hosts include the price of the Windows license within the VPS plan’s price while others mention it separately, like OVHcloud. So consider the overall price that includes the Windows license while selecting your virtual server in Canada.
You might need additional server resources when your business grows. If your host does not allow expansion of RAM, storage, and other resources, you will have to shift to a new VPS altogether, which is quite time-consuming.
So it is recommended to look for ease of scalability in a Canadian Windows VPS. Choose a hosting provider, like Kamatera, that ensures a quick upgrade of features with zero to minimal downtime.
Choosing a cheap Windows VPS in Canada might look difficult at first but with the above host recommendations and guiding factors, you will certainly find the right plan for your needs.
If you are still doubtful, consider signing up for a single month with the host that offers the most suitable plan for your requirements and see if it suits you.
If you are not satisfied with the service or resources you receive, consider another host or scaling up resources for better performance.
- Best Priced: ExtraVM is the best priced VPS provider in Canada since you can have a virtual server with Windows for just $5.
- Best Overall: Kamatera is the best overall host providing cheap Windows VPS plans with plenty of resources and easy scalability options. And most importantly, it allows you to pay only for the resources you need.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?