Launching a website is no longer a big deal, thanks to the availability of hosting services. Web developers often face requests from their clients to set up hosting, after building a website. Regardless of whether you are a solo developer or own a whole web development company, you’d have to find a suitable hosting provider.
VPS reseller hosting is generally the best choice, offering a great blend of affordability, security, and convenience.
9 Cheap VPS Reseller Hosting providers in (2023)
Several VPS reseller hosting providers offer budget-friendly plans for reliable hosting services. However, each of them has its perks and downsides. We have listed nine cheap VPS reseller hosting services for you to consider.
Most of these are fully managed VPS hosting services that include cPanel accounts.
1. NexusBytes (Best Overall)
If performance and pricing are crucial factors for you, you may consider going for NexusBytes. This is one of the fastest VPS hosting services in the world, besides offering amazing flexibility and stability.
However, despite the cheap price of their plans, the quality of their services is well worth it, as they can be considered as a Premium VPS. The most basic plan of 2 GB RAM is priced at $6.40 per month if you subscribe on an annual basis.
However, Quarterly and Semi-Annually subscriptions are slightly higher, priced at $7.20 and $7.60 per month respectively.
NexusBytes provides DirectAdmin and CWPPro. Additionally, you get Blesta billing software for free if you intend to run e-commerce sites.
- White-label Control Panel
- Free Blesta & DirectAdmin
- Multiple DataCenters (Europe & USA)
- Fast NVMe Storage
- Linux & Windows (+ custom iso)
- The Support can be slow to respond
- Short Refund Policy (2-Days only)
2. InMotion Hosting (Cloud-based)
InMotion Hosting happens to be one of the leading white-label VPS resellers. If you need a domain reselling feature with the hosting service, InMotion is a good choice. They have a well-balanced raw performance, with careful management of backups and redundancy.
The basic plan of 2GB RAM starts at $66.99 per month if you pay every month, you’ll only have to pay $35.99 per month in case you choose a 3-year plan.
InMotion also offers the services of system administrators free of charge, for two hours to help you migrate your website, optimize the server and configure security settings. Do note that InMotion is also one of the first hosting providers in the industry to offer VPS hosting, which makes them even more reliable.
- InMotion hosting offers the cPanel control panel and with any hosting account, you can create up to 5 cPanel accounts.
- 99.95% uptime
- US-based support
- Great speed
- 24x7x365 customer support
- Free site transfer
- 90 days moneyback guarantee
- Expensive prices
- No free automated data backups
3. Contabo (Cloud-based)
This German hosting provider uses sophisticated technologies to offer extremely advanced VPS services. They have grown at a rapid pace, from having only two data centers in Germany in 2014 to operating 8 data centers globally.
One of the most notable perks about Contabo is the pricing – they offer VPS hosting at extremely affordable costs, with plans starting from $8.49 per month. Although there is a one-time setup fee, you won’t have to pay it in case you choose a 12-month plan. Contabo has already won several awards and recognitions.
- Contabo offers the cPanel/WHM control panel and with a hosting account, you can create anywhere between 5 and 1000 cPanel/WHM accounts that range from $18.99 to $307.99 respectively.
- Affordable hosting options
- Servers on three continents
- Nvme Storage
- Supports both Linux and Windows
- Complex pricing structure with various added costs
4. MilesWeb (KVM-based)
If you seek the best VPS service in Asia, MilesWeb is one of the most lucrative options. As you might guess, they have servers located in Asia, therefore, it ensures fast performance in this region. However, they do have data centers on other continents too. Their 99.5% uptime guarantee makes MilesWeb a very reliable hosting provider.
The starting plan will cost you $9 and the plans go up to $465 per month. You can choose an appropriate hosting plan depending on the specifications you are looking for.
Despite having cheap pricing plans, MilesWeb offers a variety of features that guarantee amazing value for money. For instance, even the most basic plans offered by MilesWeb cover free daily backup and restoration services and 24×7 support. Overall, this VPS service provider is an excellent pick for those looking for an affordable solution without compromising on quality.
MilesWeb provides the DirectAdmin and cPanel control panels with the following specifications:
- DirectAdmin for 1 Account (10 Domains) at $3/month
- DirectAdmin for 10 Accounts (50 Domains) at $10/month
- DirectAdmin Unlimited Accounts (Unlimited Domains) at $20/month
- cPanel for 1 Account (Unlimited Domains) at $12/month
- cPanel for 5 Accounts (Unlimited Domains) at $24/month
- cPanel for 30 Accounts (Unlimited Domains) at $30/month
- cPanel for 50 Accounts (Unlimited Domains) at $40/month
- cPanel for 100 Accounts (Unlimited Domains) at $52/month
- Highly responsive support
- Easy management due to a good user interface
- Great uptime
- Customer support is available only through chat
- No datacenters outside Asia
5. Hostwinds (Cloud-based)
Hostwinds is one of the most popular hosting providers, with a good track record. They offer highly scalable VPS solutions, which makes it a good idea to pick Hostwinds if you expect the website’s resource requirements to grow in the future. In addition to full management, Hostwinds also offers real-time server monitoring under every plan.
This means they monitor your server proactively, and in case they find a problem they open a support ticket for you.
Load balancers, redundant network, and top-of-the-line hardware ensure flawless stability. Rest assured that a website hosted on Hostwinds will perform very well in terms of speed and uptime. The plans start from $8.24 per month, for the first billing cycle. For renewals, you’ll have to pay more, such as $10.99 per month for the starting plan.
Hostwinds provides the cPanel control panel and you can buy the cPanel Cloud License.
- cPanel Cloud License for 1-5 Accounts – $15.00/month
- cPanel Cloud License for 6-30 Accounts – $21.00/month
- cPanel Cloud License for 31-50 Accounts – $30.00/month
- cPanel Cloud License for 51-100 Accounts – $38.50/month
- cPanel Cloud License for 101-150 Accounts – $41.50/month
- For every 50 accounts beyond 150 accounts the price increases by $6.00/month
- Almost zero downtime
- Extremely helpful customer support
- Minecraft server hosting is available
- Plenty of payment options, including cryptocurrency
- Offers both Linux and Windows VPS hosting
- The SSL certificates aren’t free
6. OVHcloud (Cloud-based, Best for Europeans)
OVHcloud is a good choice for individuals looking for scalable VPS services in Europe. This VPS service is reseller-friendly, with a partner program dedicated to the purpose. OVHcloud stands out particularly due to the great deal of flexibility they offer. For instance, you can choose the operating system of your preference and scale the resources whenever necessary.
If you prefer to use an external storage space for backup, you can do it directly from the OVHcloud Control Panel.
The VPS solutions allow unlimited traffic, without any restrictions or additional expenses. The plans start at $6 per month. However, you can enjoy an 8% discount on the 12-month plans and a 15% discount on a 24-month plan.
OVHCloud offers cPanel control panel with the following specifications:
- For 1 Account – $11.00
- For 5 Accounts – $16.00
- For 30 Accounts – $22.00
- For 50 Accounts – $41.00
- For 100 Accounts – $41.00
- For 150 Accounts – $49.00
- For 200 Accounts – $61.00
- For 250 Accounts – $73.00
- For 300 Accounts – $61.00
- For 400 Accounts – $61.00
- For 500 Accounts – $61.00
- For 600 Accounts – $61.00
- For 800 Accounts – $61.00
- For 1000 Accounts – $61.00
- Excellent DDos Protection
- Highly scalable and customizable
- Sophisticated UI
- Competitive pricing
- Slow response from customer service
- Paid Backups
7. HostArmada (Both KVM and cloud-based)
Although HostArmada is a relatively new hosting provider, they have already earned its place as one of the best. The service is rich in features, with plans suitable for websites and applications of various scales. The prices, however, are a bit on the expensive side, with the cheapest plan starting at $41.21 per month.
HostArmada uses some of the best cloud hosting technologies to ensure amazing performance. This VPS service provider has partnered with leading tech companies like Imunify360, Intel, CloudLinux OS, SpamExperts, etc.
All these technologies help protect websites from hackers, malware, viruses, and data loss while boosting their speed and performance.
HostArmada offers cPanel licenses with the following specifications:
- cPanel License for 5 Accounts – Free
- cPanel License for 30 Accounts – $12.5/month
- cPanel License for 100 Accounts – $32.5/month
- LiteSpeed web servers
- Free domain
- 45-days moneyback guarantee
- 9 data centers spread around the world
- Handles heavy traffic seamlessly
- Not the cheapest option and LiteSpeed web servers are available only in the costliest plan
8. NameHero (Cloud-based)
This VPS provider has hosted more than 30,000 websites already, and is a great choice for US-based websites, with servers located in Arizona and Michigan. While NameHero isn’t the cheapest VPS service, they offer good value for money. NameHero uses several technologies, like Railgun and RAID to boost the performance of the servers.
The cloud-powered servers are quite powerful and flexible, offering fast performance.
One of the most noticeable perks of NameHero is the scalability they offer, allowing you to quickly add more resources as needed. The starting plan is priced at $39.95, but you’ll have to pay only $23.17 on the first billing cycle.
NameHero provides the WHM w/cPanel control panel with the following specifications:
- WHM w/cPanel 5 Accounts (CentOS 7 Fully Managed) $10.00
- Interworx Unlimited Accounts (CentOS 7 Fully Managed)
- WHM w/cPanel 30 Accounts (CentOS 7 Fully Managed) $15.00
- WHM w/cPanel 50 Accounts (CentOS 7 Fully Managed) $20.00
- WHM w/cPanel 100 Accounts (CentOS 7 Fully Managed) $30.00
- WHM w/cPanel 150 Accounts (CentOS 7 Fully Managed) $40.00
- WHM w/cPanel 200 Accounts (CentOS 7 Fully Managed) $45.00
- WHM w/cPanel 250 Accounts (CentOS 7 Fully Managed) $50.00
- WHM w/cPanel 300 Accounts (CentOS 7 Fully Managed) $55.00
- Superfast performance
- 99% uptime
- Great customer service
- Cloudflare with Railgun
- CloudLinux and Litespeed webserver
- No free trial
- High renewal rates
9. Time4VPS (KVM-based)
For websites based in Europe, Time4VPS is one of the best VPS hosting providers due to the locations of their servers. This Lithuania-based VPS service offers amazing performance at cheap costs. Time4VPS has invested significantly in data security, guaranteeing that you wouldn’t have to worry about losing your data or files.
Even if a data loss does occur, the backup and restoration system will help you recover the data easily.
Additionally, the vast selection of pricing plans offered by Time4VPS will also help you choose a plan that suits your requirements and fits into your budget. The plans start at EUR 4.99 per month, but you can save 50% by subscribing to an annual plan instead of a monthly plan.
Not only is the pricing very affordable, but a 50% discount on yearly plans is a pretty good deal too.
Time4VPS provides the cPanel and Plesk control panel with the following license costs:
- cPanel Admin License for up to 5 accounts at 16.99 EUR monthly.
- cPanel Pro License for up to 30 accounts at 22.99 EUR monthly.
- cPanel Premier License for up to 100 accounts at 44.99 EUR monthly.
- Plesk Web Pro License for 30 accounts at 15.99 EUR monthly.
- 30-day moneyback guarantee
- Fast and reliable performance
- Plenty of plans to choose from
- Good customer support
- Datacenters available only in Europe
- No shared hosting plans
What Should You Know About VPS Reseller Hosting?
Before you buy a VPS plan, you must have a clear concept of what you are paying for. A VPS isn’t officially a reseller server.
A VPS is an emulated hosting environment that resides inside a parent server. VPS hosting is much cheaper than dedicated hosting, which makes it a cost-effective choice. However, VPS is far more secure than shared hosting and offers you greater flexibility in resource allocation as you’re the only user of the server.
3 Factors for buying VPS hosting reseller
You should consider the following criteria whenever you’re getting your VPS.
It is advisable to opt for a fully managed VPS while choosing your plan.
This way, the hosting company can help you out with the basic configuration requests. It is important to ensure that you are getting a cPanel or WHM so that you can create user accounts with the preferred hosting resources.
You will have to choose your VPS hosting plan based on how much RAM you need.
Ideally, we recommend a formula that you can use – allocate anything between 512 MB to 1 GB of RAM per website. As for overall performance, VPS tends to work better than reseller hosting. This is because you don’t have to share as many resources when using a VPS hosting service.
Choose your VPS service provider based on your technological knowledge. If you aren’t that tech-savvy with servers, try to pick an easy-to-use VPS service as you could otherwise get stuck trying to figure things out.
Of course, you can always invest in the services of an expert to help you with the server if you can afford it and it’s worth the money.
If you are looking for a well-balanced hosting solution where you can enjoy adequate security and reliable performance without spending too much, VPS is your best choice. Choosing a hosting provider that offers technical support will help you to scale and the technical issues will be taken care of.
Besides web hosting, email hosting might be necessary too. Try to outsource email hosting to a professional email provider that particularly specializes in email hosting like Zoho or Rackspace. This should help you avoid worrying about emails, delivery, IP reputation, etc.
As we wrap up, let us take a quick look at the top 3 VPS hosting providers in different aspects:
- Cheapest VPS hosting: Contabo offers the cheapest VPS hosting.
- Best Location for Europe: With its servers located in the heart of Europe, Time4VPS is the best choice for Europe which would primarily draw European traffic.
- Best performance: Although, the most expensive hosting service on the list, NexusBytes beats the rest when it comes to performance.
This guide intends to help you to make the right decision. If you want to add up to this information or if you have any suggestions, you can mention them in the comments section.