If you are looking for substantial control, power, and comprehensive features, dedicated hosting is the right hosting framework for you. It is a hosting solution in which the remote server is dedicated entirely to an organization or application. It is exclusive to the organization and not shared with any other service, application, or customer. A dedicated server is hosted, deployed, and managed by cloud infrastructure, a web hosting platform, or a managed service provider (MSP).
Owing to its “dedicated” server availability and hosting resources, it involves premium pricing. However, there are innumerable benefits included in the price and therefore, dedicated hosting is worth every penny you spend.
5 Best Dedicated Servers in Switzerland
Here is a comprehensive review of the best dedicated servers in Switzerland
Swissmade.Host offers dedicated server hosting in Switzerland (Zurich), with strict compliance with data security and privacy policies. It is located at Interxion Zurich data center, a secure and neutral location to store and process data as per Swiss data protection regulations. This is a prominent location to host your business, ensuring political stability, safety, and a well-trained workforce.
- Tier-1 network multihoming and SSD storage; multiple powerlines; automatic switchover to ensure minimum downtime and high availability
- No-failure network architecture with automatic failover protection and redundant hardware, multiple Tier-1 bandwidth providers, and 24×7 network health monitoring
- Datacenter in Zurich, Switzerland, which has direct connectivity with the largest Internet Exchange Point – SwissIX Internet Exchange
- 15 TB of bandwidth
- Fast server deployment with 24/7 live support
- DDoS protection and proprietary solution to protect your server against 99.9% DDoS attacks
- Private networking and data protection
- Get access to unique features and offers for hosting in Switzerland
- RAM Size: From 4 GB DDR3-1333 to 384 GB
- CPU Model & Cores: Intel Atom / Intel Xeon, up to 16 / 32 HT Cores
- Storage & RAID: From 320 GB / SATA AND Up to 22 x 2000 GB / SAS2 2 x 500 GB SATA 4 X 486 GB SSD SATA
Swissmade.Host offers 49 dedicated server packages, with prices starting from 108.00 CHF/month or €100.13/month.
Swissmade.host provides only English language support. As for the account interface, you can select from several languages.
If you are seeking dedicated hosting solutions for your websites and applications, Xelon offers Intel-based remote servers through their Swiss-based data centers that are reliable and secure. You can select from a wide range of CPU, operating systems, SSD, RAM, hard disks, and network options that are tailored to your unique needs. Xelon has two certified data centers in Zurich and Aargau, which ensure data protection in compliance with the Swiss Data Protection Act.
- Private LAN and Public WAN network with a dedicated firewall
- The entire infrastructure is IPv6 ready
- Onsite and/or offsite backup space that helps backup your data so that you can restore individual data or the entire directory in case of an emergency
- Secure your Dedicated server with a hardware firewall, with deep packet or stateful inspection
- Get access to standard 8×5 email/telephone support or extended support 24×7
- CPU: Intel Xeon; 4 CPU quadcore, 8 CPU cores/16 threads, and 12 CPU cores/24 threads
- RAM: 8-64 GB ECC RAM, 8-512 GB ECC DDR4 RAM, and 8-512 GB RCC DDR4 RAM
- Storage: HDD and/or SSD
- Uplink: From 100Mbit to 10Gbit
The basic dedicated hosting package starts from 129 CHF/month. You can consider signing up for upgraded dedicated servers that are priced at 189 CHF/month and 309 CHF/month.
Xelon supports the Deutsch and English languages.
Infomaniak is one of the best-dedicated server providers in Switzerland (Geneva), offering both Managed and Unmanaged hosting solutions at a competitive price. They have a data center in Switzerland that complies with the highest levels of safety and environmental standards. The data center is equipped with an on-site generator, dual power supply, UPS, intrusion, and fire protection that ensure that the server access and website uptime remain uninterrupted.
- Managed and Unmanaged dedicated and cloud server with Windows or Linux distribution options
- Powerful and customizable servers and hosting solutions that support up to 400 websites and 100 hostings
- 100% dedicated resources allocated entirely to your server; personal IP included; memory and runtime allocated to customizable scripts; choice of cache engine; personalized software configuration; open incoming and outgoing ports; DV SSL and EV certificates
- 1-click WordPress installation
- Ultra-fast connectivity and high-performance bandwidth with over 60 Gbps capacity
- Automatic server optimization and data backup every 24 hours
- High-end security with Anti-DDoS protection
- Guaranteed uptime at 99.99%
- Hosted in Switzerland; hosting products built and maintained in Switzerland; datacenters are also located in Switzerland
- Disk Space: From 100 GB to 2 TB
- PHP Support: Latest PHP versions available with hosting that includes PHP 5.6, 7.3-7.4, and 8
- Cloud Technology: Add up to 32 vCPU and 96 GB RAM to your dedicated cloud server. Dell PowerEdge R630, 2 x 2.5 GHz Xeon CPUs with 48 threads and 12 cores for cloud compute node processing. Dell PowerEdge R730xd for cloud volume node storage
Infomaniak dedicated hosting packages start at €29,00/month, with 2 CPUs, 6 GB RAM, and up to 100 GB disk space.
Tools and webmail provided by Infomaniak are available in 5 languages – Italian, Spanish, German, French, and English.
If you are looking for a trusted website hosting provider in Switzerland (Geneva & Lausanne), Alphosting is one of the top choices. Established in 2002, they have an extensive portfolio of 1600+ hosted domains. They provide a broad range of hosting solutions on Virtual Private Servers and Dedicated Servers.
- Manage your own server or opt for managed dedicated hosting
- Managed services include installing updates, server monitoring, managing firewall, and server security
- Root access
- IPMI access
- World-class datacenter
- Dedicated hardware
- 24×7 monitoring
- 4 types of CPUs available: Atom DualCore 1.8 GHz, Xeon E3 Quadcore 3.1 GHz, Xeon E5 SixCore 2.4 GHz, and Dual Xeon E5 SixCore 2.4 GHz
- RAM: From 4 GB to 128 GB
- Hard Drives: From 250 GB SSD to 4 TB
- Managed or non-managed
Alphosting dedicated hosting packages in Switzerland start at €37.50/month with 4 GB RAM and 250 GB SSD. The premium package with Dual Xeon E5 SixCore 2.4 GHz CPU, 128 GB RAM, and 2 x 4TB hard drives costs €316.20/month. Monthly, bi-yearly, and yearly payment modes are available.
Alphohost supports the French and English languages; you can view the website in both of these languages.
DataPacket is a leading dedicated hosting provider that offers 20 dedicated servers in Zurich, Switzerland. Their dedicated servers are located in the Interxion ZUR1 data center, which features advanced security measures, 99.99% uptime SLA, and industry-standard certification compliance. DataPacket’s dedicated servers provide direct connectivity to Core-Backbone, Cogent, Swisscom, Salt Mobile, Quickline, Sunrise, and other top-notch Internet network providers in Switzerland.
- 20 dedicated servers built and managed in Switzerland
- Multiple data centers to choose from all over Europe
- 70 Tbps+ network infrastructure designed to ensure low latencies, no saturation, and zero packet loss
- Every dedicated server is deployed through 2 x 1GE, 2 x 10GE, or 2 x 40GE unshared uplinks
- Installation within 4 hours of payment; initial server setup and OS installation is free of cost
- On-site datacenter support with 2-hour hardware replacements, 99.99% uptime SLA, and 24/7 monitoring
- Unmetered bandwidth plans
- Automated DDoS mitigation
- CPU: From 6 Cores and 12 threads (3.4 GHz) to 64 Cores and 128 threads (2 GHz)
- Memory: Starting from 64 GB RAM to 256 GB
- Storage: From 2 x 500 GB SSD to 10 x 2 TB SSD; From 4 x 4 TB HDD to 12 x 10 TB HDD
DataPacket’s basic dedicated hosting package starts at €278/month, including 6 Cores 12 threads 3.4 GHz CPU, 16 GB RAM, and 2 x 500 GB SSD storage space.
Although the website is in English, DataPacket supports a wide variety of languages including Arabic, Bosnian, Brazillian, Portuguese, Bulgarian, and many more.
Factors to choose the right dedicated server
Now that you have an overview of the top 5 dedicated servers in Switzerland, here’s what you should consider to compare the providers and choose one that fits your needs.
Determine performance requirements
Define what type of services you want to provide through your dedicated server. How many users are expected to access the server? Analyzing these factors will help you determine the number of servers or the type of hardware you need. Do you want the servers to be focused primarily on memory, CPU, or disk? Selecting the right hardware requirements will help improve your server performance.
Know the estimated bandwidth usage
Your bandwidth requirement will be based on the data traffic predictability of your website or application. For instance, if your predictability is low, but you anticipate the use of high traffic bandwidth, then it is ideal to choose a dedicated server that supports a lot of data traffic or unmetered billing.
Consider potential server downtime
If your hosting environment fails, the business impact can be detrimental. Therefore, analyzing the potential server downtime of your dedicated server is important. Choose a web host that guarantees a 99.99% uptime.
The quality of the network depends on the physical location of the dedicated server and also the network quality of the hosting provider. Datacenter location in Switzerland and quick support are some factors you should consider to choose a dedicated server provider.
Benefits of Dedicating Hosting
Dedicated hosting offers the flexibility to customize the server as per the unique needs of the clients for RAM, CPU, software, and disk space. This ensures better control in terms of how the dedicated server needs to be configured. With shared hosting, this is a disadvantage because the choice of the operating environment, applications, and software are limited.
2. Dedicated server resources
One of the biggest advantages of using dedicated hosting is that you get complete access to a single server. The server resources are not shared among multiple organizations, services, or applications. Therefore, you do not need to worry about poor server uptime or slow website loading speed due to the shared use of RAM and CPU. With dedicated hosting, you can be assured that a sudden spike in bandwidth use or error scripts running on other applications won’t slow down your server.
3. Improved security & performance
A dedicated server ensures high uptime for your websites, services, and applications because the resources are not shared. It is most suitable for websites that receive high traffic and demand more reliability and stability. You can also be assured that you are not sharing server space with a potential spammer or a malicious website. Thus, a dedicated server provides improved security, essential for organizations or applications that handle sensitive transactions through SSL or FTP.
4. No overhead cost required to purchase or maintain a server
Dedicated hosting is an affordable hosting option that enables the user to access full server resources, with better control and flexibility. The hosting provider bears the cost of setting up and maintaining equipment, minimizing the overhead costs of an organization to purchase and maintain server space. This can help improve their ROI. It is not the cheapest hosting option though, but with the level of customization, features, performance, and security offered with dedicated hosting, it might be the best option for high-traffic websites and applications.
If you want access to a high-end private network, computing, and storage resources to set up an IT platform that is customized to your needs, then dedicated hosting is the right choice. Choose a dedicated server that delivers high-performance hardware, full control, guaranteed uptime, and cloud-like flexibility. Leverage the benefits of scalable CPU, large-capacity storage, and industry-leading memory-optimized for your unique business needs. Considering the above-mentioned factors will help you make a wise choice and add value to your business.
If you wish to add up to the information and resources we have mentioned in this article, you are welcome to add them in the comments section below.