ColdFusion is one of the oldest platforms for rapid web development. Mostly, people use it to create data-driven websites or use it for intranets. After the rise of mobile apps, people even started using them for remote work such as REST services, web sockets, etc.
If you are working on ColdFusion, you might be looking for the best ColdFusion hosting where you can host your app. We have collected some of the top ColdFusion web hosting providers that will fulfill your requirements.
Choosing the Best ColdFusion Web Hosting
We will now see some of the top factors for choosing the top ColdFusion web hosting. These are some of the things to keep in mind when you are finalizing your hosting.
1. Knowledgebase Support
We usually keep the support in the end. However, when it comes to ColdFusion, you will have to make sure that there is enough support as well as proper knowledgebase available.
As the software is kind of outdated and there are very few people out there who are using it. As a result, there will be fewer resources available on the internet that can help you with ColdFusion.
Therefore, you will need to find the hosting that can help you with all the things. In this way, you won’t face any issues during the development process.
The next thing that you need to keep in mind is performance. As the software gets old, compatibility issues are common. Therefore, you will have to find the top ColdFusion hosting that supports ColdFusion fully.
When you go with the hosting that is specially made for ColdFusion, you will get the best performance from it. Uptime and speed are also important. Your app should be live as well as it should load fast. Therefore, make sure you check the uptime guarantee and speed of the server.
You will also have to keep in mind that the security of your web-app is great. Most of these things will depend on hosting. If you have good hosting, you are already halfway there. Therefore, you can surely rely on the hosting provider’s security here.
To sum up, you also need to make sure that there is enough security provided by the hosting company. If everything is good, you can surely get the hosting.
Best ColdFusion Hosting
Now, we will talk about the top ColdFusion hosting. These are some of the best companies that you can go with.
Whether you are planning to go with a dedicated server or you want the cloud, we have the best hosting for you. So, let’s begin with the list.
Digital Ocean is one of the most affordable and reliable cloud hosting providers. DigitalOcean is better known as the developer cloud. It is a budget-friendly cloud hosting provider and gives you full control over the server.
They support ColdFusion. You can surely rely on them as a cheap Coldfusion Cloud hosting. Cloud servers have the best resource allocation and are extremely easy to scale. If you are sure that your ColdFusion app will soon need to be upgraded, you can go with DigitalOcean.
- Extremely easy to deploy. You can surely rely on that.
- Easy to scale
- The real-time alerts and resource metrics make it easier for you to monitor the traffic.
- It is best for the developers because of the control panel and API.
- Easy to integrate with other apps.
Pricing depends on the CPU you have chosen and the number of resources you will need per month. They have customizable plans where you can select the configuration yourself.
- If you go with Regular Intel with SSD, it will cost you $5 per month for 1 GB space with 25 GB SSD and 1000 GB transfer.
- The price will go up by $5 if you want one double resource with 2 GB space. 50 GB SSD, and 2 TB transfer.
- The price goes up by $5 if you want more. There are various plans from which you can choose one.
If you are looking for the easiest and the best hosting that officially supports ColdFusion, you can go with ColdFusion hosting provided by DailyRazor. It’s one of the best ColdFusion hosting providers out there.
The hosting that we are talking about has the server configured specially to run ColdFusion. So, the performance will be the best here. It’s a shared hosting but the big difference is that it is just made for ColdFusion. You will surely get better performance here.
- Comes with a free domain name.
- The performance is great as the hosting is specially made for ColdFusion.
- You will get unmetered disk space.
- They have 90 days satisfaction guarantee.
- You get a Plesk control panel.
- The price starts from $7.98 per month.
- The next plan CF-Plus will cost you $11.98 per month.
- If you want to host 10 websites, you can go with the third plan with $19.98 pricing.
The pricing given here is for the first invoice only. The renewal price will cost you more.
They provide ColdFusion shared hosting as well as server management services. You can go with any of them as per your choice. Currently, we are going to discuss shared hosting.
The hosting is great. One of the things that we love is transparent pricing. There is no “*”. In simpler words, the renewal rates won’t go higher. Everything is clear when you register.
- They provide complete free migration assistance.
- You will always have the latest version of the software. As of now, you can choose from the 2021 version of the 2018 version.
- Transparent pricing is the next best advantage of going with Hostek.
- The personal plan will cost you $6.99 per month.
- A personal plus plan will cost you $10.99 per month and only allows 1 domain name.
- The business plan starts at $20.99 per month
The pricing given here is for the shared hosting. If you have the budget, you can also go with the dedicated server. Their pricing is more but the features are great. So, you can surely plan to go with that.
Eukhost is yet another great hosting that you can go with. It supports ColdFusion. It has an enterprise edition installed on the shared hosting.
It’s a UK-based hosting provider. So, if you are looking for a top ColdFusion server based in the UK, EUKHost is surely a choice for you. There are very few hosts based in the UK and people are always looking for a server in Europe location. In that case, you can definitely go with EUKHost.
- The domain name is free and comes with daily backups.
- You will also get free SSL.
- Free migration facility.
- You will get unmetered bandwidth.
- The server is great.
- They have 24/7 support.
- It will cost you £2.78 excluding VAT.
- The windows intermediate plan will cost you £4.16 per month.
#5 HostGator Windows Dedicated Server
Talking about ColdFusion, you can surely use their dedicated Windows server. It doesn’t come preinstalled. So, you will have to install and configure it on your own. Further, support is not provided here. Therefore, you are on your own.
However, HostGator is one of the services where you will face little to no stress. They have been in the industry for a while. Therefore, you can surely rely on them.
- You get complete control over the server.
- The security and performance are great. They have a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- All the plans come with Intel Xeon- D CPU.
- They also have great support.
- It has 45 days money-back guarantee.
- Unmetered bandwidth is the next reason why you should go with them.
- The value plan will cost you $89.98 per month for the first invoice.
- The power plan will cost you $119.89 per month.
- If you are planning to go with the Enterprise plan, it will be roughly $139.99 per month.
Is Coldfusion cloud hosting the best option to go with?
Cloud hosting is considered one of the best hosting services that you can go with. If you are planning to get ColdFusion Cloud hosting and wondering whether it’s right for you or not, this section is for you. Here, we will see whether it’s worth the price or not.
Before going into the conclusion, let’s see why people choose Cloud hosting.
- Cloud is easy to scale.
- You will get the best resource allocation. Instead of giving the full load to one server, the load is divide into a bunch of servers.
- Easy to manage.
- The performance of the web app will be fantastic. Also, the uptime will be great. You will face very little downtime. In most cases, the downtime is zero.
So, the main question is if the cloud ColdFusion hosting is amazing, why people don’t go with Cloud?
The only reason why people don’t select cloud is pricing. It’s expensive for new domains and startups.
If money is not an issue for you, you can surely go with Cloud ColdFusion hosting.
Are there any free ColdFusion Hosting Solutions?
No, there are no free ColdFusion hosting solutions where you can host your web app. If you want to host your ColdFusion app, you will have to go with the paid ones.
However, the good thing is that most of the hosting providers that we saw come with a money-back guarantee. That can surely be considered as a free hosting option.
Or better yet, you can go for a try-out. Digital Ocean provides a Free trial for 60-days
If you don’t like the hosting or you are not satisfied with it, you can always ask for the money back. It’s highly recommended that you check the complete TOS before you plan to do any of these. There will be certain terms that you will have to keep in mind if you want the money back. So, make sure that you have all that in mind.
Even if there are any completely free options available, you shouldn’t go with them. The free option is not reliable and they can ban your account anytime they want. Therefore, you will lose all the data and end up with nothing in that case.
Is ColdFusion Dead?
If you are wondering whether the software is dead or not, then you will get a variety of answers here.
Many people will tell you that it is already dead. If you see the support and the community, you might pretty much think the same.
Now, let’s see it from the other view. It is tag-based, very few languages are tag-based. Further, ColdFusion helps with many functionalities and modules. It has been in the industry for over two decades.
So, coming to the answer, is ColdFusion Dead? The answer is NO. ColdFusion is not dead and it is here to stay. You don’t need to worry about the company ending the support as many people are still using it.
Therefore, if you are planning to create your web-app on ColdFusion, you can surely do that. However, it will surely take time when you are searching for some of the things. if you are ready to search a few more websites for finding the solution, you can certainly go with ColdFusion.
To conclude, these were some of the top ColdFusion hosting providers that you can go with. All of them are best concerning their features. Depending on your budget and the features, you can choose any of them.
Please note that some of the top ColdFusion hosting providers that we saw will provide a huge discount when you are registering an account and buying your first plan. The price will increase when you are renewing it. So, make sure that you keep in mind all these things when you are buying the hosting.